No charges to be brought in Nicky Morgan case

Basildon Recorder: No charges to be brought in Sugar Hut assault case No charges to be brought in Sugar Hut assault case

POLICE have closed an investigation into a fight which resulted in Billericay Town goalkeeper Nicky Morgan becoming paralysed from the neck down.

Mr Morgan, 26, spent eight months at the spinal unit at Stoke Mandeville Hospital in Buckinghamshire recovering and can now walk unaided.

The incident took place outside the Sugar Hut nightclub in William Hunter Way at 2:30am on Friday, October 28, 2011.

The Crown Prosecution Service has accepted that there was no offence after extensive investigations showed that the injury was caused in an accidental fall.

In December, a 34-year-old man from Sittingbourne in Kent was arrested in connection with the incident.

He was released from his bail without charge on Thursday October 25.

Comments (14)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

5:35pm Fri 26 Oct 12

Eric Whim says...

shocking!

Best wishes to Nicky for his ongoing recovery.
shocking! Best wishes to Nicky for his ongoing recovery. Eric Whim
  • Score: 13

5:36pm Fri 26 Oct 12

Ironman says...

CPS concluded the injuries were caused by a fall???????

Nah!
CPS concluded the injuries were caused by a fall??????? Nah! Ironman
  • Score: 6

5:55pm Fri 26 Oct 12

Eric Whim says...

was the bloke wot clobbered him before he 'accidentally fell' one of the permatanned cretins from TOWIE or one of their mates?
was the bloke wot clobbered him before he 'accidentally fell' one of the permatanned cretins from TOWIE or one of their mates? Eric Whim
  • Score: 4

6:11pm Fri 26 Oct 12

Basildon.lad.21 says...

Cant believe that the CPS have dropped such a case. Someone was responsible for his injuries. Once again, a great example of soft law in broken Britain. Great work CPS.
Cant believe that the CPS have dropped such a case. Someone was responsible for his injuries. Once again, a great example of soft law in broken Britain. Great work CPS. Basildon.lad.21
  • Score: 6

6:35pm Fri 26 Oct 12

Brunning999 says...

Basildon.lad.21 wrote:
Cant believe that the CPS have dropped such a case. Someone was responsible for his injuries. Once again, a great example of soft law in broken Britain. Great work CPS.
Perhaps it was because there was insufficient evidence to prosecute someone.
That's better than having idiots keep complaining about the Police!!!!!
[quote][p][bold]Basildon.lad.21[/bold] wrote: Cant believe that the CPS have dropped such a case. Someone was responsible for his injuries. Once again, a great example of soft law in broken Britain. Great work CPS.[/p][/quote]Perhaps it was because there was insufficient evidence to prosecute someone. That's better than having idiots keep complaining about the Police!!!!! Brunning999
  • Score: -8

6:35pm Fri 26 Oct 12

captain mannering says...

CPS are a joke!!!
CPS are a joke!!! captain mannering
  • Score: 9

9:40pm Fri 26 Oct 12

Basildon.lad.21 says...

Brunning999 wrote:
Basildon.lad.21 wrote:
Cant believe that the CPS have dropped such a case. Someone was responsible for his injuries. Once again, a great example of soft law in broken Britain. Great work CPS.
Perhaps it was because there was insufficient evidence to prosecute someone.
That's better than having idiots keep complaining about the Police!!!!!
Fu!ck the police!
[quote][p][bold]Brunning999[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Basildon.lad.21[/bold] wrote: Cant believe that the CPS have dropped such a case. Someone was responsible for his injuries. Once again, a great example of soft law in broken Britain. Great work CPS.[/p][/quote]Perhaps it was because there was insufficient evidence to prosecute someone. That's better than having idiots keep complaining about the Police!!!!![/p][/quote]Fu!ck the police! Basildon.lad.21
  • Score: -14

7:44am Sat 27 Oct 12

Brunning999 says...

Basildon.lad.21 wrote:
Brunning999 wrote:
Basildon.lad.21 wrote:
Cant believe that the CPS have dropped such a case. Someone was responsible for his injuries. Once again, a great example of soft law in broken Britain. Great work CPS.
Perhaps it was because there was insufficient evidence to prosecute someone.
That's better than having idiots keep complaining about the Police!!!!!
Fu!ck the police!
Look under your bed you might find at least half a brain!
The last time you used it was when you read Noddy goes to the seaside.
[quote][p][bold]Basildon.lad.21[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Brunning999[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Basildon.lad.21[/bold] wrote: Cant believe that the CPS have dropped such a case. Someone was responsible for his injuries. Once again, a great example of soft law in broken Britain. Great work CPS.[/p][/quote]Perhaps it was because there was insufficient evidence to prosecute someone. That's better than having idiots keep complaining about the Police!!!!![/p][/quote]Fu!ck the police![/p][/quote]Look under your bed you might find at least half a brain! The last time you used it was when you read Noddy goes to the seaside. Brunning999
  • Score: 4

2:47pm Sat 27 Oct 12

Basildon.lad.21 says...

Brunning999 wrote:
Basildon.lad.21 wrote:
Brunning999 wrote:
Basildon.lad.21 wrote:
Cant believe that the CPS have dropped such a case. Someone was responsible for his injuries. Once again, a great example of soft law in broken Britain. Great work CPS.
Perhaps it was because there was insufficient evidence to prosecute someone.
That's better than having idiots keep complaining about the Police!!!!!
Fu!ck the police!
Look under your bed you might find at least half a brain!
The last time you used it was when you read Noddy goes to the seaside.
Fu!ck the police!
[quote][p][bold]Brunning999[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Basildon.lad.21[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Brunning999[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Basildon.lad.21[/bold] wrote: Cant believe that the CPS have dropped such a case. Someone was responsible for his injuries. Once again, a great example of soft law in broken Britain. Great work CPS.[/p][/quote]Perhaps it was because there was insufficient evidence to prosecute someone. That's better than having idiots keep complaining about the Police!!!!![/p][/quote]Fu!ck the police![/p][/quote]Look under your bed you might find at least half a brain! The last time you used it was when you read Noddy goes to the seaside.[/p][/quote]Fu!ck the police! Basildon.lad.21
  • Score: -69

12:19am Sun 28 Oct 12

Horton says...

Coming to a "Grand" near you soon - look out Leigh-on-Sea...
Coming to a "Grand" near you soon - look out Leigh-on-Sea... Horton
  • Score: 18

9:14am Sun 28 Oct 12

SpiffSpaffington1984 says...

You dont know what happened, so you cant be suprised at this outcome, how do you he didnt start the fight then fall as he was trying to assault somebody else? Its not a clear case of a man just being attacked and the bloke being let off with it, i heard from the very start that it was him that had started it
You dont know what happened, so you cant be suprised at this outcome, how do you he didnt start the fight then fall as he was trying to assault somebody else? Its not a clear case of a man just being attacked and the bloke being let off with it, i heard from the very start that it was him that had started it SpiffSpaffington1984
  • Score: -15

11:30am Sun 28 Oct 12

Basildon.lad.21 says...

SpiffSpaffington1984 wrote:
You dont know what happened, so you cant be suprised at this outcome, how do you he didnt start the fight then fall as he was trying to assault somebody else? Its not a clear case of a man just being attacked and the bloke being let off with it, i heard from the very start that it was him that had started it
Now that you said that, he does look like a knob that would start fights. Thinking his a big man. Well in all fairness, he is, but it seems the ones that fighted him had the last laugh!!
[quote][p][bold]SpiffSpaffington1984[/bold] wrote: You dont know what happened, so you cant be suprised at this outcome, how do you he didnt start the fight then fall as he was trying to assault somebody else? Its not a clear case of a man just being attacked and the bloke being let off with it, i heard from the very start that it was him that had started it[/p][/quote]Now that you said that, he does look like a knob that would start fights. Thinking his a big man. Well in all fairness, he is, but it seems the ones that fighted him had the last laugh!! Basildon.lad.21
  • Score: -16

7:24pm Sun 28 Oct 12

ninacranstoun says...

I think those who bully others come un stuck! Everyone that is commenting now do not no the facts! I am upset for Nick and what happened to him and glad he made a recovery! BUT if the Police have proof!! I don't think they would leave such a serious cause be! The fact is Nick NEVER told the truth! END of and if anyone has a problem please contact me directly to set the record straight! I have no issue with that! Hence why I put my name up! And if you have anything to say don't be a internet hider ! Contact me pls x
I think those who bully others come un stuck! Everyone that is commenting now do not no the facts! I am upset for Nick and what happened to him and glad he made a recovery! BUT if the Police have proof!! I don't think they would leave such a serious cause be! The fact is Nick NEVER told the truth! END of and if anyone has a problem please contact me directly to set the record straight! I have no issue with that! Hence why I put my name up! And if you have anything to say don't be a internet hider ! Contact me pls x ninacranstoun
  • Score: -14

11:04am Mon 29 Oct 12

SpiffSpaffington1984 says...

Everybody who needs to know what happened already knows, if you go round starting fights theres a chance you could get hurt
Everybody who needs to know what happened already knows, if you go round starting fights theres a chance you could get hurt SpiffSpaffington1984
  • Score: -8

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree