Man in serious condition after attack at Basildon Bus Station

Basildon Recorder: Man in serious condition after attack at Basildon Bus Station Man in serious condition after attack at Basildon Bus Station

DETECTIVES are appealing for witnesses to an assault at Basildon bus station which has left a man seriously ill in hospital.

Police were contacted shortly after 11am today following reports that a man in his mid-20s had been attacked outside Bay 8 in the station.

He was taken by paramedics to an Essex hospital after sustaining serious head and facial injuries.

He is currently in a stable condition.

Within the space of two hours, a 27-year-old man from the town was arrested near Church Road on suspicion of assault.

He is currently being questioned by detectives at Basildon police station.

Anyone witnesses to this assault are urged to contact detectives at Basildon police station on 101.

Comments (25)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

6:52pm Wed 11 Dec 13

Steve H says...

Basildon Bus Station,

' You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.'

Obi Wan Kenobi, circa 1977.
Basildon Bus Station, ' You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.' Obi Wan Kenobi, circa 1977. Steve H

7:49pm Wed 11 Dec 13

Rochford Rob says...

Not at work then?
Not at work then? Rochford Rob

8:08pm Wed 11 Dec 13

vanz77 says...

It was Bay s that was cordoned off and covered in sick and blood not the 8 - Got off the 5 and had to walk round because the stop was closed off
It was Bay s [ the number 5 bus stop ] that was cordoned off and covered in sick and blood not the 8 - Got off the 5 and had to walk round because the stop was closed off vanz77

8:29pm Wed 11 Dec 13

Royr says...

Steve H wrote:
Basildon Bus Station,

' You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.'

Obi Wan Kenobi, circa 1977.
I guess you've never been more than 20 miles away from Basildon?
[quote][p][bold]Steve H[/bold] wrote: Basildon Bus Station, ' You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.' Obi Wan Kenobi, circa 1977.[/p][/quote]I guess you've never been more than 20 miles away from Basildon? Royr

10:06pm Wed 11 Dec 13

supermadmax says...

I wonder what their grievance was over.
I wonder what their grievance was over. supermadmax

11:54pm Wed 11 Dec 13

Devils Advocate says...

Steve H wrote:
Basildon Bus Station,

' You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.'

Obi Wan Kenobi, circa 1977.
Two people killed in West London last week. Guess that tops it a little.
Many Black people shot to death in racist attacks by Rednecks in New Orleans during the devastation of Hurricane Katrina.
Still, nothing beats hatred even if it's against a place, eh?
[quote][p][bold]Steve H[/bold] wrote: Basildon Bus Station, ' You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.' Obi Wan Kenobi, circa 1977.[/p][/quote]Two people killed in West London last week. Guess that tops it a little. Many Black people shot to death in racist attacks by Rednecks in New Orleans during the devastation of Hurricane Katrina. Still, nothing beats hatred even if it's against a place, eh? Devils Advocate

8:34am Thu 12 Dec 13

bee.man says...

supermadmax wrote:
I wonder what their grievance was over.
i think we can all guess what that was over.
[quote][p][bold]supermadmax[/bold] wrote: I wonder what their grievance was over.[/p][/quote]i think we can all guess what that was over. bee.man

9:30am Thu 12 Dec 13

sarahmcmenemy says...

Rochford Rob wrote:
Not at work then?
Maybe he was on his way to work? Not everyone starts work at 9am!
[quote][p][bold]Rochford Rob[/bold] wrote: Not at work then?[/p][/quote]Maybe he was on his way to work? Not everyone starts work at 9am! sarahmcmenemy

11:11am Thu 12 Dec 13

_Lotus_ says...

sarahmcmenemy wrote:
Rochford Rob wrote:
Not at work then?
Maybe he was on his way to work? Not everyone starts work at 9am!
Perhaps he was actually on his way HOME from work, perhaps he works shifts.
[quote][p][bold]sarahmcmenemy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Rochford Rob[/bold] wrote: Not at work then?[/p][/quote]Maybe he was on his way to work? Not everyone starts work at 9am![/p][/quote]Perhaps he was actually on his way HOME from work, perhaps he works shifts. _Lotus_

12:29pm Thu 12 Dec 13

Rochford Rob says...

_Lotus_ wrote:
sarahmcmenemy wrote:
Rochford Rob wrote: Not at work then?
Maybe he was on his way to work? Not everyone starts work at 9am!
Perhaps he was actually on his way HOME from work, perhaps he works shifts.
Perhaps, but I doubt it.

You know as much as me then, not a lot- everything else is conjecture.

Mine was a guess - is that allowed?

'Shift workers in bus station punch up.'

Funny, the headline never said that.

I'd lay odds - two scumbags known to each other having a disagreement about drugs / criminal activity.
[quote][p][bold]_Lotus_[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]sarahmcmenemy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Rochford Rob[/bold] wrote: Not at work then?[/p][/quote]Maybe he was on his way to work? Not everyone starts work at 9am![/p][/quote]Perhaps he was actually on his way HOME from work, perhaps he works shifts.[/p][/quote]Perhaps, but I doubt it. You know as much as me then, not a lot- everything else is conjecture. Mine was a guess - is that allowed? 'Shift workers in bus station punch up.' Funny, the headline never said that. I'd lay odds - two scumbags known to each other having a disagreement about drugs / criminal activity. Rochford Rob

5:32pm Thu 12 Dec 13

grantliveone says...

-I Hurd the geezer who got hit was a nonce liked to touch kids if that is the case fair play if not my bad
-I Hurd the geezer who got hit was a nonce liked to touch kids if that is the case fair play if not my bad grantliveone

5:34pm Thu 12 Dec 13

grantliveone says...

Fair play for the attack not him being a nonse
Fair play for the attack not him being a nonse grantliveone

7:55pm Thu 12 Dec 13

beejiu says...

grantliveone wrote:
-I Hurd the geezer who got hit was a nonce liked to touch kids if that is the case fair play if not my bad
Who told you that? Your brother's girlfriend's mother's cousin in law? It's very stupid to attack people because of what you heard might be true about them. Vigilantism is never a good thing. We have a judicial system for a reason.
[quote][p][bold]grantliveone[/bold] wrote: -I Hurd the geezer who got hit was a nonce liked to touch kids if that is the case fair play if not my bad[/p][/quote]Who told you that? Your brother's girlfriend's mother's cousin in law? It's very stupid to attack people because of what you heard might be true about them. Vigilantism is never a good thing. We have a judicial system for a reason. beejiu

9:53pm Thu 12 Dec 13

Complete_Nutter says...

beejiu wrote:
grantliveone wrote:
-I Hurd the geezer who got hit was a nonce liked to touch kids if that is the case fair play if not my bad
Who told you that? Your brother's girlfriend's mother's cousin in law? It's very stupid to attack people because of what you heard might be true about them. Vigilantism is never a good thing. We have a judicial system for a reason.
It's true. I heard rumours as well on Facebook that he liked to touch children. Perhaps it was a lesson well taught afterall.
[quote][p][bold]beejiu[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]grantliveone[/bold] wrote: -I Hurd the geezer who got hit was a nonce liked to touch kids if that is the case fair play if not my bad[/p][/quote]Who told you that? Your brother's girlfriend's mother's cousin in law? It's very stupid to attack people because of what you heard might be true about them. Vigilantism is never a good thing. We have a judicial system for a reason.[/p][/quote]It's true. I heard rumours as well on Facebook that he liked to touch children. Perhaps it was a lesson well taught afterall. Complete_Nutter

11:03pm Thu 12 Dec 13

Steve H says...

Devils Advocate wrote:
Steve H wrote:
Basildon Bus Station,

' You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.'

Obi Wan Kenobi, circa 1977.
Two people killed in West London last week. Guess that tops it a little.
Many Black people shot to death in racist attacks by Rednecks in New Orleans during the devastation of Hurricane Katrina.
Still, nothing beats hatred even if it's against a place, eh?
Moron.

My post was made in jest, using a line from Star Wars.
[quote][p][bold]Devils Advocate[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Steve H[/bold] wrote: Basildon Bus Station, ' You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.' Obi Wan Kenobi, circa 1977.[/p][/quote]Two people killed in West London last week. Guess that tops it a little. Many Black people shot to death in racist attacks by Rednecks in New Orleans during the devastation of Hurricane Katrina. Still, nothing beats hatred even if it's against a place, eh?[/p][/quote]Moron. My post was made in jest, using a line from Star Wars. Steve H

12:55pm Fri 13 Dec 13

Jezza14 says...

Complete_Nutter wrote:
beejiu wrote:
grantliveone wrote: -I Hurd the geezer who got hit was a nonce liked to touch kids if that is the case fair play if not my bad
Who told you that? Your brother's girlfriend's mother's cousin in law? It's very stupid to attack people because of what you heard might be true about them. Vigilantism is never a good thing. We have a judicial system for a reason.
It's true. I heard rumours as well on Facebook that he liked to touch children. Perhaps it was a lesson well taught afterall.
Rumours on Facebook, eh? It must be true then.

Congratulations, you're an idiot.
[quote][p][bold]Complete_Nutter[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]beejiu[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]grantliveone[/bold] wrote: -I Hurd the geezer who got hit was a nonce liked to touch kids if that is the case fair play if not my bad[/p][/quote]Who told you that? Your brother's girlfriend's mother's cousin in law? It's very stupid to attack people because of what you heard might be true about them. Vigilantism is never a good thing. We have a judicial system for a reason.[/p][/quote]It's true. I heard rumours as well on Facebook that he liked to touch children. Perhaps it was a lesson well taught afterall.[/p][/quote]Rumours on Facebook, eh? It must be true then. Congratulations, you're an idiot. Jezza14

2:10pm Fri 13 Dec 13

News Bunny says...

Doubt if this was a vigilante attack. Such attacks are usually planned and only an idiot plans an attack to be in broad daylight in front of witnesses. Public attacks are usually spur of the moment events cause by people losing their temper.
Doubt if this was a vigilante attack. Such attacks are usually planned and only an idiot plans an attack to be in broad daylight in front of witnesses. Public attacks are usually spur of the moment events cause by people losing their temper. News Bunny

7:16pm Fri 13 Dec 13

Complete_Nutter says...

Jezza14 wrote:
Complete_Nutter wrote:
beejiu wrote:
grantliveone wrote: -I Hurd the geezer who got hit was a nonce liked to touch kids if that is the case fair play if not my bad
Who told you that? Your brother's girlfriend's mother's cousin in law? It's very stupid to attack people because of what you heard might be true about them. Vigilantism is never a good thing. We have a judicial system for a reason.
It's true. I heard rumours as well on Facebook that he liked to touch children. Perhaps it was a lesson well taught afterall.
Rumours on Facebook, eh? It must be true then.

Congratulations, you're an idiot.
Yep. I know bare people on Facebook though bruv. Most people from my ends get da gossip before da media.
[quote][p][bold]Jezza14[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Complete_Nutter[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]beejiu[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]grantliveone[/bold] wrote: -I Hurd the geezer who got hit was a nonce liked to touch kids if that is the case fair play if not my bad[/p][/quote]Who told you that? Your brother's girlfriend's mother's cousin in law? It's very stupid to attack people because of what you heard might be true about them. Vigilantism is never a good thing. We have a judicial system for a reason.[/p][/quote]It's true. I heard rumours as well on Facebook that he liked to touch children. Perhaps it was a lesson well taught afterall.[/p][/quote]Rumours on Facebook, eh? It must be true then. Congratulations, you're an idiot.[/p][/quote]Yep. I know bare people on Facebook though bruv. Most people from my ends get da gossip before da media. Complete_Nutter

7:57pm Fri 13 Dec 13

Esther111 says...

Small minded people believing everything they hear. Maybe spend a little less time gossiping on Facebook/twitter etc and do something productive and worth while like.. Getting a job?! People need to get their facts right before accusing people. What happened to innocent until proven guilty? Just another prime example of what is wrong with society. God help this generations children...
Small minded people believing everything they hear. Maybe spend a little less time gossiping on Facebook/twitter etc and do something productive and worth while like.. Getting a job?! People need to get their facts right before accusing people. What happened to innocent until proven guilty? Just another prime example of what is wrong with society. God help this generations children... Esther111

8:05pm Fri 13 Dec 13

steviedanielle says...

My mate told me today that he had apparantly saw a bit of it, and he told me that the attacker had whacked the victim with a hammer on the head,, he said it happened so quickly. I was down Basildon that day, but got there at midday afterwards, and walked straight past.... didn't look a nice site.
My mate told me today that he had apparantly saw a bit of it, and he told me that the attacker had whacked the victim with a hammer on the head,, he said it happened so quickly. I was down Basildon that day, but got there at midday afterwards, and walked straight past.... didn't look a nice site. steviedanielle

8:09pm Fri 13 Dec 13

steviedanielle says...

And yes they are small minded people... They shouldn't whack someone with a hammer, just because they hear something they may not even be true.
And yes they are small minded people... They shouldn't whack someone with a hammer, just because they hear something they may not even be true. steviedanielle

11:10pm Fri 13 Dec 13

_Lotus_ says...

Rochford Rob wrote:
_Lotus_ wrote:
sarahmcmenemy wrote:
Rochford Rob wrote: Not at work then?
Maybe he was on his way to work? Not everyone starts work at 9am!
Perhaps he was actually on his way HOME from work, perhaps he works shifts.
Perhaps, but I doubt it.

You know as much as me then, not a lot- everything else is conjecture.

Mine was a guess - is that allowed?

'Shift workers in bus station punch up.'

Funny, the headline never said that.

I'd lay odds - two scumbags known to each other having a disagreement about drugs / criminal activity.
So it is unlikely he was attacked at random then?

Carry on guessing, that's all anybody ever seems to do round here.
[quote][p][bold]Rochford Rob[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]_Lotus_[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]sarahmcmenemy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Rochford Rob[/bold] wrote: Not at work then?[/p][/quote]Maybe he was on his way to work? Not everyone starts work at 9am![/p][/quote]Perhaps he was actually on his way HOME from work, perhaps he works shifts.[/p][/quote]Perhaps, but I doubt it. You know as much as me then, not a lot- everything else is conjecture. Mine was a guess - is that allowed? 'Shift workers in bus station punch up.' Funny, the headline never said that. I'd lay odds - two scumbags known to each other having a disagreement about drugs / criminal activity.[/p][/quote]So it is unlikely he was attacked at random then? Carry on guessing, that's all anybody ever seems to do round here. _Lotus_

11:51pm Fri 13 Dec 13

benfleet101 says...

Complete_Nutter wrote:
beejiu wrote:
grantliveone wrote:
-I Hurd the geezer who got hit was a nonce liked to touch kids if that is the case fair play if not my bad
Who told you that? Your brother's girlfriend's mother's cousin in law? It's very stupid to attack people because of what you heard might be true about them. Vigilantism is never a good thing. We have a judicial system for a reason.
It's true. I heard rumours as well on Facebook that he liked to touch children. Perhaps it was a lesson well taught afterall.
Oh well, if it was on Facebook it must be true... lol
[quote][p][bold]Complete_Nutter[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]beejiu[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]grantliveone[/bold] wrote: -I Hurd the geezer who got hit was a nonce liked to touch kids if that is the case fair play if not my bad[/p][/quote]Who told you that? Your brother's girlfriend's mother's cousin in law? It's very stupid to attack people because of what you heard might be true about them. Vigilantism is never a good thing. We have a judicial system for a reason.[/p][/quote]It's true. I heard rumours as well on Facebook that he liked to touch children. Perhaps it was a lesson well taught afterall.[/p][/quote]Oh well, if it was on Facebook it must be true... lol benfleet101

10:39am Sat 14 Dec 13

Complete_Nutter says...

Esther111 wrote:
Small minded people believing everything they hear. Maybe spend a little less time gossiping on Facebook/twitter etc and do something productive and worth while like.. Getting a job?! People need to get their facts right before accusing people. What happened to innocent until proven guilty? Just another prime example of what is wrong with society. God help this generations children...
Our society is great I think and very unique now I think. Can't wait to see what the country will be like in 20-30 years time. No one will give a flying f*ck about anything. And that's the way life should be. Do what you want when you want.
[quote][p][bold]Esther111[/bold] wrote: Small minded people believing everything they hear. Maybe spend a little less time gossiping on Facebook/twitter etc and do something productive and worth while like.. Getting a job?! People need to get their facts right before accusing people. What happened to innocent until proven guilty? Just another prime example of what is wrong with society. God help this generations children...[/p][/quote]Our society is great I think and very unique now I think. Can't wait to see what the country will be like in 20-30 years time. No one will give a flying f*ck about anything. And that's the way life should be. Do what you want when you want. Complete_Nutter

11:35pm Sat 14 Dec 13

Fallenangel79 says...

Complete_Nutter wrote:
Jezza14 wrote:
Complete_Nutter wrote:
beejiu wrote:
grantliveone wrote: -I Hurd the geezer who got hit was a nonce liked to touch kids if that is the case fair play if not my bad
Who told you that? Your brother's girlfriend's mother's cousin in law? It's very stupid to attack people because of what you heard might be true about them. Vigilantism is never a good thing. We have a judicial system for a reason.
It's true. I heard rumours as well on Facebook that he liked to touch children. Perhaps it was a lesson well taught afterall.
Rumours on Facebook, eh? It must be true then.

Congratulations, you're an idiot.
Yep. I know bare people on Facebook though bruv. Most people from my ends get da gossip before da media.
wow someone swallowed the great chav dictionary
[quote][p][bold]Complete_Nutter[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Jezza14[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Complete_Nutter[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]beejiu[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]grantliveone[/bold] wrote: -I Hurd the geezer who got hit was a nonce liked to touch kids if that is the case fair play if not my bad[/p][/quote]Who told you that? Your brother's girlfriend's mother's cousin in law? It's very stupid to attack people because of what you heard might be true about them. Vigilantism is never a good thing. We have a judicial system for a reason.[/p][/quote]It's true. I heard rumours as well on Facebook that he liked to touch children. Perhaps it was a lesson well taught afterall.[/p][/quote]Rumours on Facebook, eh? It must be true then. Congratulations, you're an idiot.[/p][/quote]Yep. I know bare people on Facebook though bruv. Most people from my ends get da gossip before da media.[/p][/quote]wow someone swallowed the great chav dictionary Fallenangel79

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree