Our sleepless nights caused by extra A13 traffic noise

We’re at the end of our tether – residents say noise from Sadlers Farm is making their lives a living hell

We’re at the end of our tether – residents say noise from Sadlers Farm is making their lives a living hell

First published in News by

CALLS are being made for a sound barrier in a street after claims increased traffic generated by the new Sadlers Farm junction is causing sleepless nights.

Residents of The Meads, in Vange, say their lives have been turned upside down since the £63million improvements to the roundabout were completed last year.

They claim an increase in traffic and noise from the Pitsea flyover near their homes is keeping them up at night and causing stress.

They are urging Essex County Council to install a sound barrier. Jackie Harris, who has lived in The Meads for more than twenty years, said: “We need a good night’s sleep. It’s out human rights.

“I am stressed, and the noise is pushing me to the edge. It’s horrendous, and is going to get worse.”

Residents have been lobbying the council for a year, but feel their pleas have fallen on deaf ears.

Ms Harris added: “Everyone who comes to our street wonders how we live like this? I think we are treated like scum. Why are we being ignored?”

David Burton Sampson, Labour council candidate for Pitsea South-east, said: “There has been a massive increase in speed and traffic, resulting in a massive increase in noise.

“It’s become unbearable for residents. They are being woken in the middle of the night.

“The noise is shocking, and starting to cause significant stress.”

The county council recently commissioned an eight-day study of noise levels from the road. It has yet to review the recommendations.

A spokesman said: “We have met with residents to discuss their concerns about noise from the A13 “As a result of these discussions, the council commissioned an independent survey which was carried out two weeks ago. Once we receive the official report, we will review the recommendations and a decisionwill be made on how to proceed.

“We are committed to keeping residents updated and are doing everything we can to investigate their concerns.”

Comments (58)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

8:14am Wed 26 Mar 14

white_van_ man says...

Go to poundland buy some ear plugs job done!!!!
Go to poundland buy some ear plugs job done!!!! white_van_ man
  • Score: 8

8:34am Wed 26 Mar 14

Nebs says...

If you buy a house near a road then you have to expect a bit of traffic noise.
If you buy a house near a road then you have to expect a bit of traffic noise. Nebs
  • Score: 11

8:46am Wed 26 Mar 14

carnmountyouknowitmakessense says...

The meads and that stretch of the A13, have been there for years, as has the Pitsea flyover, the new roundabout slows traffic, so what has changed?
If you live right by a fish market, don't be surprised to smell the fish...
The meads and that stretch of the A13, have been there for years, as has the Pitsea flyover, the new roundabout slows traffic, so what has changed? If you live right by a fish market, don't be surprised to smell the fish... carnmountyouknowitmakessense
  • Score: 23

8:52am Wed 26 Mar 14

Howard Cháse says...

Massive increase in speed?

Have they changed the limit there or is it just because the reduction in speed limit that was in place for the lenghty duration of the works has been lifted and vehicles can go as fast as they were able to before it all started?

The volume of traffic will also seem higher as the lane reductions will also have been lifted
Massive increase in speed? Have they changed the limit there or is it just because the reduction in speed limit that was in place for the lenghty duration of the works has been lifted and vehicles can go as fast as they were able to before it all started? The volume of traffic will also seem higher as the lane reductions will also have been lifted Howard Cháse
  • Score: 15

9:00am Wed 26 Mar 14

Woodenspoon says...

What a bunch of moaners!!
People live by the A13 up near london where it is 5 time worse and they have no problems or complaints. People have railway lines running at the back of their houses and they sleep ok.
Some people will do anything in the hope of a compensation claim.
The road was there long before they changed sadlers farm, they should be used to it by now.
What a bunch of moaners!! People live by the A13 up near london where it is 5 time worse and they have no problems or complaints. People have railway lines running at the back of their houses and they sleep ok. Some people will do anything in the hope of a compensation claim. The road was there long before they changed sadlers farm, they should be used to it by now. Woodenspoon
  • Score: 20

9:01am Wed 26 Mar 14

Happy Chickie says...

We need a good night’s sleep. It’s out human rights.

Oh god that old nugget again. Get earplugs or move.
We need a good night’s sleep. It’s out human rights. Oh god that old nugget again. Get earplugs or move. Happy Chickie
  • Score: 14

9:08am Wed 26 Mar 14

carnmountyouknowitmakessense says...

Howard Cháse wrote:
Massive increase in speed?

Have they changed the limit there or is it just because the reduction in speed limit that was in place for the lenghty duration of the works has been lifted and vehicles can go as fast as they were able to before it all started?

The volume of traffic will also seem higher as the lane reductions will also have been lifted
Quite possible, most are going along there at 80 MPH, trucks as well, new double glazing might help them, unless the council could place the hard of hearing in the Meads...
[quote][p][bold]Howard Cháse[/bold] wrote: Massive increase in speed? Have they changed the limit there or is it just because the reduction in speed limit that was in place for the lenghty duration of the works has been lifted and vehicles can go as fast as they were able to before it all started? The volume of traffic will also seem higher as the lane reductions will also have been lifted[/p][/quote]Quite possible, most are going along there at 80 MPH, trucks as well, new double glazing might help them, unless the council could place the hard of hearing in the Meads... carnmountyouknowitmakessense
  • Score: 7

9:39am Wed 26 Mar 14

Howard Cháse says...

carnmountyouknowitma
kessense
wrote:
Howard Cháse wrote:
Massive increase in speed?

Have they changed the limit there or is it just because the reduction in speed limit that was in place for the lenghty duration of the works has been lifted and vehicles can go as fast as they were able to before it all started?

The volume of traffic will also seem higher as the lane reductions will also have been lifted
Quite possible, most are going along there at 80 MPH, trucks as well, new double glazing might help them, unless the council could place the hard of hearing in the Meads...
Stick all the asbo smackheads down there. Thy won't notice a bit of traffic noise.

Put the people from the Meads into the empty spaces created in Brooke House.....
[quote][p][bold]carnmountyouknowitma kessense[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Howard Cháse[/bold] wrote: Massive increase in speed? Have they changed the limit there or is it just because the reduction in speed limit that was in place for the lenghty duration of the works has been lifted and vehicles can go as fast as they were able to before it all started? The volume of traffic will also seem higher as the lane reductions will also have been lifted[/p][/quote]Quite possible, most are going along there at 80 MPH, trucks as well, new double glazing might help them, unless the council could place the hard of hearing in the Meads...[/p][/quote]Stick all the asbo smackheads down there. Thy won't notice a bit of traffic noise. Put the people from the Meads into the empty spaces created in Brooke House..... Howard Cháse
  • Score: 4

10:04am Wed 26 Mar 14

DogsMessInLeigh says...

Must admit they do all look depressed, one has even got her fingers stuck in her earholes.
But one thing....surely its always had that amount of traffic go along that section of the A13...big trucks, fast cars, motorbikes, after all it is the A13 a major route.
Must admit they do all look depressed, one has even got her fingers stuck in her earholes. But one thing....surely its always had that amount of traffic go along that section of the A13...big trucks, fast cars, motorbikes, after all it is the A13 a major route. DogsMessInLeigh
  • Score: 1

10:06am Wed 26 Mar 14

DogsMessInLeigh says...

and whats more The Meads ain't nowhere near Sadlers Farms new Section.
and whats more The Meads ain't nowhere near Sadlers Farms new Section. DogsMessInLeigh
  • Score: 6

10:07am Wed 26 Mar 14

DogsMessInLeigh says...

..and further more i might give them a Toot Toot when i drive past next time.
..and further more i might give them a Toot Toot when i drive past next time. DogsMessInLeigh
  • Score: 8

10:58am Wed 26 Mar 14

Cor Blimey says...

What a load of old ****..........No doubt a no win no fee company has been eyeing up business!
Hopefully the council won't be sucked in by these fools!
What a load of old ****..........No doubt a no win no fee company has been eyeing up business! Hopefully the council won't be sucked in by these fools! Cor Blimey
  • Score: 1

11:16am Wed 26 Mar 14

Howard Cháse says...

I've got an idea.

If the Council use some of the big piles of soil in Gloucester Park that bloke was moaning about in here a while ago to extend the existing 'Sound Boom' along the side of the A13 just to the west of where these poor sleep deprived moaners live that would solve two problems in one hit.

Trouble is they would have to give up the daylight andthe road between their houses and the A13 to accomodate it. Still they'd get some kip....
I've got an idea. If the Council use some of the big piles of soil in Gloucester Park that bloke was moaning about in here a while ago to extend the existing 'Sound Boom' along the side of the A13 just to the west of where these poor sleep deprived moaners live that would solve two problems in one hit. Trouble is they would have to give up the daylight andthe road between their houses and the A13 to accomodate it. Still they'd get some kip.... Howard Cháse
  • Score: -3

12:19pm Wed 26 Mar 14

Dan-Hockley says...

Unbelievable over use of hyperboles - "massive increase", "lives turned upside down", "become unbearable", "significant stress" and the best one of all, "human rights"

If we were playing moaning-scumbags-bin
go then we'd have hit the jackpot!!!

I bet the next complaint will be that because the street lights are out, it makes the car headlights brighter and is burning holes in their retinas, causing a massive upsurge in epileptic fits.

You bought a house near a road - well blow me down, you can hear traffic. Buy some better double glazing or ear plugs
Unbelievable over use of hyperboles - "massive increase", "lives turned upside down", "become unbearable", "significant stress" and the best one of all, "human rights" If we were playing moaning-scumbags-bin go then we'd have hit the jackpot!!! I bet the next complaint will be that because the street lights are out, it makes the car headlights brighter and is burning holes in their retinas, causing a massive upsurge in epileptic fits. You bought a house near a road - well blow me down, you can hear traffic. Buy some better double glazing or ear plugs Dan-Hockley
  • Score: 10

12:46pm Wed 26 Mar 14

sleepylin says...

God you lot commenting are a nasty, vindictive lot! Where in the article does it say they want compensation? Most of the areas along the A13 now have sound barriers (including the horses near the road in Stanford). Changes such as the new A130 link have meant that the volume and speed of traffic has increased, and it will only get worse with traffic from the new port.
God you lot commenting are a nasty, vindictive lot! Where in the article does it say they want compensation? Most of the areas along the A13 now have sound barriers (including the horses near the road in Stanford). Changes such as the new A130 link have meant that the volume and speed of traffic has increased, and it will only get worse with traffic from the new port. sleepylin
  • Score: 0

1:38pm Wed 26 Mar 14

lucyharris3007 says...

Have you people nothing better to do than be nasty about other people's misfortune?
They are not asking for compensation. They can't just move, there houses are devalued because of the increase in noise pollution in recent years.
It is unbearable and it didn't used to be.
And DogsmessinLeigh The Meads is very near Sadlers Farm so get your facts straight!!
Have you people nothing better to do than be nasty about other people's misfortune? They are not asking for compensation. They can't just move, there houses are devalued because of the increase in noise pollution in recent years. It is unbearable and it didn't used to be. And DogsmessinLeigh The Meads is very near Sadlers Farm so get your facts straight!! lucyharris3007
  • Score: 2

2:21pm Wed 26 Mar 14

DogsMessInLeigh says...

lucyharris3007 wrote:
Have you people nothing better to do than be nasty about other people's misfortune?
They are not asking for compensation. They can't just move, there houses are devalued because of the increase in noise pollution in recent years.
It is unbearable and it didn't used to be.
And DogsmessinLeigh The Meads is very near Sadlers Farm so get your facts straight!!
The Meads Off Avondale/Elmtree Rd..after the Pitsea Fly Over London Bound you mean that must be what 2 miles away..? if its that 'The Meads' then No its not at Sadlers farm Junction where all the new work has occurred, that A13 section by 'The Meads' Off Avondale/Elmtree Rd is still the same as it was 10 years ago with the self same speed limit., if its another 'The Meads' right on Sadlers farm junction with its increased lanes then i am wrong so apologise in advance,But if it is The Meads (Off Avondale/Elmtree Rd)thats around 2 miles away thats not at Sadlers Farm new junction then you are wrong...and i will give you an extra Tooooooot at night for it.(Beep Beep)
and why do Horses need sound barriers..?
But above all ,Relax, don't get all wound up about it.
[quote][p][bold]lucyharris3007[/bold] wrote: Have you people nothing better to do than be nasty about other people's misfortune? They are not asking for compensation. They can't just move, there houses are devalued because of the increase in noise pollution in recent years. It is unbearable and it didn't used to be. And DogsmessinLeigh The Meads is very near Sadlers Farm so get your facts straight!![/p][/quote]The Meads Off Avondale/Elmtree Rd..after the Pitsea Fly Over London Bound you mean that must be what 2 miles away..? if its that 'The Meads' then No its not at Sadlers farm Junction where all the new work has occurred, that A13 section by 'The Meads' Off Avondale/Elmtree Rd is still the same as it was 10 years ago with the self same speed limit., if its another 'The Meads' right on Sadlers farm junction with its increased lanes then i am wrong so apologise in advance,But if it is The Meads (Off Avondale/Elmtree Rd)thats around 2 miles away thats not at Sadlers Farm new junction then you are wrong...and i will give you an extra Tooooooot at night for it.(Beep Beep) and why do Horses need sound barriers..? But above all ,Relax, don't get all wound up about it. DogsMessInLeigh
  • Score: 6

2:29pm Wed 26 Mar 14

lucyharris3007 says...

Whether it is 2 miles away or on it, its on the approach to it within a mile and that's all that matters. I used to live there so I know how close it is!
Now you can get back to watching daytime TV and internet trolling....!
Whether it is 2 miles away or on it, its on the approach to it within a mile and that's all that matters. I used to live there so I know how close it is! Now you can get back to watching daytime TV and internet trolling....! lucyharris3007
  • Score: 0

2:30pm Wed 26 Mar 14

sleepylin says...

Horses don't need sound barriers! My point is, there is a noise-proof fence around their field, yet the residents of the Meads are not thought to be worth a barrier, even though their lives are blighted by noise. The distance between Sadlers and the Meads is not the main issue.....it's the fact that all the road improvements have led to traffic travelling faster, and more cars are using this road now rathre than the 127. Faster speed means louder traffic noise.
And as for being able to relax......I'm sure the residents of the Meads would love to, given half the chance (and a sound barrier).
Horses don't need sound barriers! My point is, there is a noise-proof fence around their field, yet the residents of the Meads are not thought to be worth a barrier, even though their lives are blighted by noise. The distance between Sadlers and the Meads is not the main issue.....it's the fact that all the road improvements have led to traffic travelling faster, and more cars are using this road now rathre than the 127. Faster speed means louder traffic noise. And as for being able to relax......I'm sure the residents of the Meads would love to, given half the chance (and a sound barrier). sleepylin
  • Score: 3

2:44pm Wed 26 Mar 14

DogsMessInLeigh says...

lucyharris3007 wrote:
Whether it is 2 miles away or on it, its on the approach to it within a mile and that's all that matters. I used to live there so I know how close it is!
Now you can get back to watching daytime TV and internet trolling....!
so i was correct then, it is The Meads thats 2 miles away from Sadlers...like i said..The Meads is nowhere near sadlers junction, 2 miles is a fair distance which was my point before you wanted to tell me i was wrong, the section you are on is still the same 2 lane section that it has been for years with the same type of traffic its always had..its the A13..!! The Junction was done to improve flow at peak times so i don't see why it has all of a sudden made more noisy vehicles appear 2 miles away after 11pm at night.

Many Thanks.
[quote][p][bold]lucyharris3007[/bold] wrote: Whether it is 2 miles away or on it, its on the approach to it within a mile and that's all that matters. I used to live there so I know how close it is! Now you can get back to watching daytime TV and internet trolling....![/p][/quote]so i was correct then, it is The Meads thats 2 miles away from Sadlers...like i said..The Meads is nowhere near sadlers junction, 2 miles is a fair distance which was my point before you wanted to tell me i was wrong, the section you are on is still the same 2 lane section that it has been for years with the same type of traffic its always had..its the A13..!! The Junction was done to improve flow at peak times so i don't see why it has all of a sudden made more noisy vehicles appear 2 miles away after 11pm at night. Many Thanks. DogsMessInLeigh
  • Score: 5

2:45pm Wed 26 Mar 14

DogsMessInLeigh says...

lucyharris3007 wrote:
Whether it is 2 miles away or on it, its on the approach to it within a mile and that's all that matters. I used to live there so I know how close it is!
Now you can get back to watching daytime TV and internet trolling....!
so i was correct then, it is The Meads thats 2 miles away from Sadlers...like i said..The Meads is nowhere near sadlers junction, 2 miles is a fair distance which was my point before you wanted to tell me i was wrong, the section you are on is still the same 2 lane section that it has been for years with the same type of traffic its always had..its the A13..!! The Junction was done to improve flow at peak times so i don't see why it has all of a sudden made more noisy vehicles appear 2 miles away after 11pm at night.

Many Thanks.
[quote][p][bold]lucyharris3007[/bold] wrote: Whether it is 2 miles away or on it, its on the approach to it within a mile and that's all that matters. I used to live there so I know how close it is! Now you can get back to watching daytime TV and internet trolling....![/p][/quote]so i was correct then, it is The Meads thats 2 miles away from Sadlers...like i said..The Meads is nowhere near sadlers junction, 2 miles is a fair distance which was my point before you wanted to tell me i was wrong, the section you are on is still the same 2 lane section that it has been for years with the same type of traffic its always had..its the A13..!! The Junction was done to improve flow at peak times so i don't see why it has all of a sudden made more noisy vehicles appear 2 miles away after 11pm at night. Many Thanks. DogsMessInLeigh
  • Score: 1

3:28pm Wed 26 Mar 14

lucyharris3007 says...

So 2 miles is "nowhere near"?! I'd have to disagree.
But of course you must be right, because you've been living there for 20 years so you know all about how nothing's changed and all these people are clearly crazy!
Interesting....
Many thanks.
So 2 miles is "nowhere near"?! I'd have to disagree. But of course you must be right, because you've been living there for 20 years so you know all about how nothing's changed and all these people are clearly crazy! Interesting.... Many thanks. lucyharris3007
  • Score: -6

3:56pm Wed 26 Mar 14

DogsMessInLeigh says...

lucyharris3007 wrote:
So 2 miles is "nowhere near"?! I'd have to disagree.
But of course you must be right, because you've been living there for 20 years so you know all about how nothing's changed and all these people are clearly crazy!
Interesting....
Many thanks.
you don't have to live there to know how long 2 miles is....2 miles is 2 miles you can't change that.
from The Meads to Sadlers Farm Round-a-bout/Junctio
n according to the AA(Thats The automobile association) its 2.5 miles, i shaved off 1/2 but in all fairness its probably 1.8 miles away.
crazy people..? well lets be honest there is one person in the photo with her fingers in her ears...in broad daylight..!! thats not normal actions is it as apart from the Lady in that photo i have not seen anyone today with their fingers in their ears in public.

also can you safely say that there is excess traffic movements after 11pm since the sadlers has been done..and also can you confirm that is going faster than it was before the sadlers was done.
Thanks again.
[quote][p][bold]lucyharris3007[/bold] wrote: So 2 miles is "nowhere near"?! I'd have to disagree. But of course you must be right, because you've been living there for 20 years so you know all about how nothing's changed and all these people are clearly crazy! Interesting.... Many thanks.[/p][/quote]you don't have to live there to know how long 2 miles is....2 miles is 2 miles you can't change that. from The Meads to Sadlers Farm Round-a-bout/Junctio n according to the AA(Thats The automobile association) its 2.5 miles, i shaved off 1/2 but in all fairness its probably 1.8 miles away. crazy people..? well lets be honest there is one person in the photo with her fingers in her ears...in broad daylight..!! thats not normal actions is it as apart from the Lady in that photo i have not seen anyone today with their fingers in their ears in public. also can you safely say that there is excess traffic movements after 11pm since the sadlers has been done..and also can you confirm that is going faster than it was before the sadlers was done. Thanks again. DogsMessInLeigh
  • Score: 4

4:06pm Wed 26 Mar 14

Keptquiettillnow says...

Nebs wrote:
If you buy a house near a road then you have to expect a bit of traffic noise.
Thats fair enough. But if you buy a car you should keep the standard exhaust on it as well. Fair deal?
[quote][p][bold]Nebs[/bold] wrote: If you buy a house near a road then you have to expect a bit of traffic noise.[/p][/quote]Thats fair enough. But if you buy a car you should keep the standard exhaust on it as well. Fair deal? Keptquiettillnow
  • Score: 8

4:26pm Wed 26 Mar 14

lucyharris3007 says...

Why are you still banging on about 2 miles? Do you want a medal or something because you know how to use a route planner?
I personally think the lady in the photo is a hoot !
Please stop thanking me it's really not necessary!
Why are you still banging on about 2 miles? Do you want a medal or something because you know how to use a route planner? I personally think the lady in the photo is a hoot ! Please stop thanking me it's really not necessary! lucyharris3007
  • Score: -3

4:48pm Wed 26 Mar 14

ThisYear says...

lucyharris3007 wrote:
Why are you still banging on about 2 miles? Do you want a medal or something because you know how to use a route planner?
I personally think the lady in the photo is a hoot !
Please stop thanking me it's really not necessary!
The guys a notorious bore...if its not dog mess on the pavement its dog mess on...well the pavement.
[quote][p][bold]lucyharris3007[/bold] wrote: Why are you still banging on about 2 miles? Do you want a medal or something because you know how to use a route planner? I personally think the lady in the photo is a hoot ! Please stop thanking me it's really not necessary![/p][/quote]The guys a notorious bore...if its not dog mess on the pavement its dog mess on...well the pavement. ThisYear
  • Score: -3

4:52pm Wed 26 Mar 14

DogsMessInLeigh says...

lucyharris3007 wrote:
Why are you still banging on about 2 miles? Do you want a medal or something because you know how to use a route planner?
I personally think the lady in the photo is a hoot !
Please stop thanking me it's really not necessary!
it was you that brought it up in the first off telling me i was wrong, i didn't need the planner as i travel that section and know exactly where things are, i just used it for your benefit seeing as you didn't believe me regarding distance, just helping you out a little no need for a medal i don't mind helping others to understand better.
a Hoot...yes thats right.
[quote][p][bold]lucyharris3007[/bold] wrote: Why are you still banging on about 2 miles? Do you want a medal or something because you know how to use a route planner? I personally think the lady in the photo is a hoot ! Please stop thanking me it's really not necessary![/p][/quote]it was you that brought it up in the first off telling me i was wrong, i didn't need the planner as i travel that section and know exactly where things are, i just used it for your benefit seeing as you didn't believe me regarding distance, just helping you out a little no need for a medal i don't mind helping others to understand better. a Hoot...yes thats right. DogsMessInLeigh
  • Score: 4

4:55pm Wed 26 Mar 14

DogsMessInLeigh says...

ThisYear wrote:
lucyharris3007 wrote:
Why are you still banging on about 2 miles? Do you want a medal or something because you know how to use a route planner?
I personally think the lady in the photo is a hoot !
Please stop thanking me it's really not necessary!
The guys a notorious bore...if its not dog mess on the pavement its dog mess on...well the pavement.
Ohh the countdown is on before all the comments are killed, lastlaugh is here with his whining and bellyaching, he's a non stop mardi gras.
[quote][p][bold]ThisYear[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]lucyharris3007[/bold] wrote: Why are you still banging on about 2 miles? Do you want a medal or something because you know how to use a route planner? I personally think the lady in the photo is a hoot ! Please stop thanking me it's really not necessary![/p][/quote]The guys a notorious bore...if its not dog mess on the pavement its dog mess on...well the pavement.[/p][/quote]Ohh the countdown is on before all the comments are killed, lastlaugh is here with his whining and bellyaching, he's a non stop mardi gras. DogsMessInLeigh
  • Score: 7

5:22pm Wed 26 Mar 14

runwellian says...

So what about the human rights of road users to travel at night?
So what about the human rights of road users to travel at night? runwellian
  • Score: 1

5:26pm Wed 26 Mar 14

ThisYear says...

DogsMessInLeigh wrote:
ThisYear wrote:
lucyharris3007 wrote:
Why are you still banging on about 2 miles? Do you want a medal or something because you know how to use a route planner?
I personally think the lady in the photo is a hoot !
Please stop thanking me it's really not necessary!
The guys a notorious bore...if its not dog mess on the pavement its dog mess on...well the pavement.
Ohh the countdown is on before all the comments are killed, lastlaugh is here with his whining and bellyaching, he's a non stop mardi gras.
Perhaps you can keep a 'civil tongue' in your head when posting and the thread will be deemed legal by admin..

It would seem you like to argue with everyone who comments on something which affects them..as present thread shows..let me paraphrase myself

You are a notorious bore...if its not dog mess on the pavement its dog mess on...well the pavement.
[quote][p][bold]DogsMessInLeigh[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ThisYear[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]lucyharris3007[/bold] wrote: Why are you still banging on about 2 miles? Do you want a medal or something because you know how to use a route planner? I personally think the lady in the photo is a hoot ! Please stop thanking me it's really not necessary![/p][/quote]The guys a notorious bore...if its not dog mess on the pavement its dog mess on...well the pavement.[/p][/quote]Ohh the countdown is on before all the comments are killed, lastlaugh is here with his whining and bellyaching, he's a non stop mardi gras.[/p][/quote]Perhaps you can keep a 'civil tongue' in your head when posting and the thread will be deemed legal by admin.. It would seem you like to argue with everyone who comments on something which affects them..as present thread shows..let me paraphrase myself You are a notorious bore...if its not dog mess on the pavement its dog mess on...well the pavement. ThisYear
  • Score: -6

6:06pm Wed 26 Mar 14

delboy010 says...

I'm astonished at the total lack of empathy shown by some of those that have commented. Why is it such a big deal to you that someone wants to sleep at night and be able to hold a conversation in their garden without having to shout?

I'm sure that when you raise a topic and call for support you will be outraged when someone tells you to stick it......in your ear.

I lived in the Meads for 17 years and the noise level did increase after the Road changes. After all they were made because the bottle neck caused traffic speeds to reduce to crawling pace. Large trucks never used the route as they knew they would get stuck.

The changes made have meant an increase in speeds at all times and an increase in heavy trucks.

The roads closer to London have sound barriers and the speed limits are set at 40 or 50mph.

Sound barriers should be the norm where noise levels are above the permitted levels. The noise levels in the Meads are well above the recommended levels.

Saying that you knew there was a road there when you moved in is nonsense as well. These houses where there before the A13 was built and when it was built it was a single track road. Should the people living there have no rights if they were to increase the Road capacity even more? Maybe they could build a huge flyover outside their doors?

Instead of making snide comments maybe you should support this action so that everyone who lives near a road can have some peace.
I'm astonished at the total lack of empathy shown by some of those that have commented. Why is it such a big deal to you that someone wants to sleep at night and be able to hold a conversation in their garden without having to shout? I'm sure that when you raise a topic and call for support you will be outraged when someone tells you to stick it......in your ear. I lived in the Meads for 17 years and the noise level did increase after the Road changes. After all they were made because the bottle neck caused traffic speeds to reduce to crawling pace. Large trucks never used the route as they knew they would get stuck. The changes made have meant an increase in speeds at all times and an increase in heavy trucks. The roads closer to London have sound barriers and the speed limits are set at 40 or 50mph. Sound barriers should be the norm where noise levels are above the permitted levels. The noise levels in the Meads are well above the recommended levels. Saying that you knew there was a road there when you moved in is nonsense as well. These houses where there before the A13 was built and when it was built it was a single track road. Should the people living there have no rights if they were to increase the Road capacity even more? Maybe they could build a huge flyover outside their doors? Instead of making snide comments maybe you should support this action so that everyone who lives near a road can have some peace. delboy010
  • Score: 6

6:07pm Wed 26 Mar 14

poortaxpayer says...

I find an energetic lovemaking session leaves me exhausted and I fall asleep. Perhaps they should try this to get themselves a good nights sleep?
I find an energetic lovemaking session leaves me exhausted and I fall asleep. Perhaps they should try this to get themselves a good nights sleep? poortaxpayer
  • Score: 13

7:10pm Wed 26 Mar 14

lucyharris3007 says...

Well said Delboy010! Someone who actually knows what they're talking about making valid points!
My poor mother is at the end of her tether, she loves her house but feels she has no other option than to move. It's very upsetting to see.
Well said Delboy010! Someone who actually knows what they're talking about making valid points! My poor mother is at the end of her tether, she loves her house but feels she has no other option than to move. It's very upsetting to see. lucyharris3007
  • Score: 5

8:32pm Wed 26 Mar 14

TheSquirrels says...

Feel really disappointed at the lack of support by readers thinking we are after compensation and that we are moaning about living next to a busy road. You are right we chose to live here but 16 years ago when we moved in the noise was considerably lower. The estate we live in is lovely and we do not want to move, all we ask is to have help in gaining a sound barrier. We were told by Highways, when Saddlers upgrades were happening that the A13 would be resurfaced to reduce noise, this never happened. I would invite any person that believes our situation does not warrant action to try to stand outside my house and hold a conversation!
If there are people willing to comment on this report please don't waste your time being mean but help us. As for the lady with her fingers in her ears she was only trying to make clear what the photograph was trying to show, the rest of us may look "miserable" but I am sure you can appreciate we cannot pretend to be happy in such a report.
Feel really disappointed at the lack of support by readers thinking we are after compensation and that we are moaning about living next to a busy road. You are right we chose to live here but 16 years ago when we moved in the noise was considerably lower. The estate we live in is lovely and we do not want to move, all we ask is to have help in gaining a sound barrier. We were told by Highways, when Saddlers upgrades were happening that the A13 would be resurfaced to reduce noise, this never happened. I would invite any person that believes our situation does not warrant action to try to stand outside my house and hold a conversation! If there are people willing to comment on this report please don't waste your time being mean but help us. As for the lady with her fingers in her ears she was only trying to make clear what the photograph was trying to show, the rest of us may look "miserable" but I am sure you can appreciate we cannot pretend to be happy in such a report. TheSquirrels
  • Score: 10

9:57pm Wed 26 Mar 14

Skitz007 says...

TheSquirrels wrote:
Feel really disappointed at the lack of support by readers thinking we are after compensation and that we are moaning about living next to a busy road. You are right we chose to live here but 16 years ago when we moved in the noise was considerably lower. The estate we live in is lovely and we do not want to move, all we ask is to have help in gaining a sound barrier. We were told by Highways, when Saddlers upgrades were happening that the A13 would be resurfaced to reduce noise, this never happened. I would invite any person that believes our situation does not warrant action to try to stand outside my house and hold a conversation!
If there are people willing to comment on this report please don't waste your time being mean but help us. As for the lady with her fingers in her ears she was only trying to make clear what the photograph was trying to show, the rest of us may look "miserable" but I am sure you can appreciate we cannot pretend to be happy in such a report.
Fair comment - I think.

Hopefully you gain a solution,nice to know there is a community spirit on the estate & obviously being so close to the road for 16 years .

It has always been accepted that there would be noise pollution,but if noise levels have increased due to the new layout at Saddlers ,it should be rectified.
[quote][p][bold]TheSquirrels[/bold] wrote: Feel really disappointed at the lack of support by readers thinking we are after compensation and that we are moaning about living next to a busy road. You are right we chose to live here but 16 years ago when we moved in the noise was considerably lower. The estate we live in is lovely and we do not want to move, all we ask is to have help in gaining a sound barrier. We were told by Highways, when Saddlers upgrades were happening that the A13 would be resurfaced to reduce noise, this never happened. I would invite any person that believes our situation does not warrant action to try to stand outside my house and hold a conversation! If there are people willing to comment on this report please don't waste your time being mean but help us. As for the lady with her fingers in her ears she was only trying to make clear what the photograph was trying to show, the rest of us may look "miserable" but I am sure you can appreciate we cannot pretend to be happy in such a report.[/p][/quote]Fair comment - I think. Hopefully you gain a solution,nice to know there is a community spirit on the estate & obviously being so close to the road for 16 years . It has always been accepted that there would be noise pollution,but if noise levels have increased due to the new layout at Saddlers ,it should be rectified. Skitz007
  • Score: 10

10:20pm Wed 26 Mar 14

Wackiejackie says...

I am scum bag with fingers in ears. Thanks for all the nice comments and support. We will just ignore all the others ....
I am scum bag with fingers in ears. Thanks for all the nice comments and support. We will just ignore all the others .... Wackiejackie
  • Score: 9

8:11am Thu 27 Mar 14

Happy Chickie says...

Dan-Hockley wrote:
Unbelievable over use of hyperboles - "massive increase", "lives turned upside down", "become unbearable", "significant stress" and the best one of all, "human rights"

If we were playing moaning-scumbags-bin

go then we'd have hit the jackpot!!!

I bet the next complaint will be that because the street lights are out, it makes the car headlights brighter and is burning holes in their retinas, causing a massive upsurge in epileptic fits.

You bought a house near a road - well blow me down, you can hear traffic. Buy some better double glazing or ear plugs
"burning holes in their retinas"

hahahah brilliant - loved it.
[quote][p][bold]Dan-Hockley[/bold] wrote: Unbelievable over use of hyperboles - "massive increase", "lives turned upside down", "become unbearable", "significant stress" and the best one of all, "human rights" If we were playing moaning-scumbags-bin go then we'd have hit the jackpot!!! I bet the next complaint will be that because the street lights are out, it makes the car headlights brighter and is burning holes in their retinas, causing a massive upsurge in epileptic fits. You bought a house near a road - well blow me down, you can hear traffic. Buy some better double glazing or ear plugs[/p][/quote]"burning holes in their retinas" hahahah brilliant - loved it. Happy Chickie
  • Score: -1

12:00pm Thu 27 Mar 14

JayRSS1 says...

Will be worst when the average speed cameras are put up on the A127
Will be worst when the average speed cameras are put up on the A127 JayRSS1
  • Score: 4

2:42pm Thu 27 Mar 14

Idontknowy says...

Nebs wrote:
If you buy a house near a road then you have to expect a bit of traffic noise.
But that road wasn't there when one of the residents (who lived there 20 years) bought her house
[quote][p][bold]Nebs[/bold] wrote: If you buy a house near a road then you have to expect a bit of traffic noise.[/p][/quote]But that road wasn't there when one of the residents (who lived there 20 years) bought her house Idontknowy
  • Score: 2

2:57pm Thu 27 Mar 14

J Arthur Rank says...

@ThisYear who (in response to a comment by DogsMessInLeigh) wrote:

"Perhaps you can keep a 'civil tongue' in your head when posting and the thread will be deemed legal by admin."

There is no need to use inverted commas as far as I can see but more importantly I question how an ignoramus such as yourself could possibly question the legality of any post.
@ThisYear who (in response to a comment by DogsMessInLeigh) wrote: "Perhaps you can keep a 'civil tongue' in your head when posting and the thread will be deemed legal by admin." There is no need to use inverted commas as far as I can see but more importantly I question how an ignoramus such as yourself could possibly question the legality of any post. J Arthur Rank
  • Score: 4

6:27pm Thu 27 Mar 14

poortaxpayer says...

Idontknowy wrote:
Nebs wrote:
If you buy a house near a road then you have to expect a bit of traffic noise.
But that road wasn't there when one of the residents (who lived there 20 years) bought her house
So when was this bit of the A13 built then?
[quote][p][bold]Idontknowy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Nebs[/bold] wrote: If you buy a house near a road then you have to expect a bit of traffic noise.[/p][/quote]But that road wasn't there when one of the residents (who lived there 20 years) bought her house[/p][/quote]So when was this bit of the A13 built then? poortaxpayer
  • Score: 1

8:30pm Thu 27 Mar 14

ThisYear says...

J Arthur Rank wrote:
@ThisYear who (in response to a comment by DogsMessInLeigh) wrote:

"Perhaps you can keep a 'civil tongue' in your head when posting and the thread will be deemed legal by admin."

There is no need to use inverted commas as far as I can see but more importantly I question how an ignoramus such as yourself could possibly question the legality of any post.
" There is no need to use inverted commas as far as I can see"

And how far can you see?

Do you know if I'm quoting someone or other?

" I question how an ignoramus such as yourself could possibly question the legality of any post"

Are you suggesting only an ignoramus like you can?

But to answer your question; I took it that if a complete and utter prat like you could then i could..
[quote][p][bold]J Arthur Rank[/bold] wrote: @ThisYear who (in response to a comment by DogsMessInLeigh) wrote: "Perhaps you can keep a 'civil tongue' in your head when posting and the thread will be deemed legal by admin." There is no need to use inverted commas as far as I can see but more importantly I question how an ignoramus such as yourself could possibly question the legality of any post.[/p][/quote]" There is no need to use inverted commas as far as I can see" And how far can you see? Do you know if I'm quoting someone or other? " I question how an ignoramus such as yourself could possibly question the legality of any post" Are you suggesting only an ignoramus like you can? But to answer your question; I took it that if a complete and utter prat like you could then i could.. ThisYear
  • Score: -4

9:22pm Thu 27 Mar 14

delboy010 says...

poortaxpayer wrote:
I find an energetic lovemaking session leaves me exhausted and I fall asleep. Perhaps they should try this to get themselves a good nights sleep?
Sorry but does you and your hand count as' love making?'
[quote][p][bold]poortaxpayer[/bold] wrote: I find an energetic lovemaking session leaves me exhausted and I fall asleep. Perhaps they should try this to get themselves a good nights sleep?[/p][/quote]Sorry but does you and your hand count as' love making?' delboy010
  • Score: 3

9:24pm Thu 27 Mar 14

delboy010 says...

poortaxpayer wrote:
I find an energetic lovemaking session leaves me exhausted and I fall asleep. Perhaps they should try this to get themselves a good nights sleep?
Does you and your hand count as 'love making?'
[quote][p][bold]poortaxpayer[/bold] wrote: I find an energetic lovemaking session leaves me exhausted and I fall asleep. Perhaps they should try this to get themselves a good nights sleep?[/p][/quote]Does you and your hand count as 'love making?' delboy010
  • Score: 5

9:25pm Thu 27 Mar 14

DogsMessInLeigh says...

poortaxpayer wrote:
Idontknowy wrote:
Nebs wrote:
If you buy a house near a road then you have to expect a bit of traffic noise.
But that road wasn't there when one of the residents (who lived there 20 years) bought her house
So when was this bit of the A13 built then?
1 week after they received the keys.
[quote][p][bold]poortaxpayer[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Idontknowy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Nebs[/bold] wrote: If you buy a house near a road then you have to expect a bit of traffic noise.[/p][/quote]But that road wasn't there when one of the residents (who lived there 20 years) bought her house[/p][/quote]So when was this bit of the A13 built then?[/p][/quote]1 week after they received the keys. DogsMessInLeigh
  • Score: 0

1:11am Fri 28 Mar 14

poortaxpayer says...

delboy010 wrote:
poortaxpayer wrote:
I find an energetic lovemaking session leaves me exhausted and I fall asleep. Perhaps they should try this to get themselves a good nights sleep?
Sorry but does you and your hand count as' love making?'
You mean Mrs Pink and her five daughters?
[quote][p][bold]delboy010[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]poortaxpayer[/bold] wrote: I find an energetic lovemaking session leaves me exhausted and I fall asleep. Perhaps they should try this to get themselves a good nights sleep?[/p][/quote]Sorry but does you and your hand count as' love making?'[/p][/quote]You mean Mrs Pink and her five daughters? poortaxpayer
  • Score: 0

8:13am Fri 28 Mar 14

Wackiejackie says...

Oooh i thought look at all the support we have for our story. Not so, if all of the above bully boys pass this trait in to their children then we live in a very sorry community. I fight for what I think is right under my own name i.e. Jackie Harris and its the bully boys at Essex Highways I am going up against not you lot. You all need to appreciate that your comments are very hurtful but thanks for all the things we hadnt actually given a thought to i.e. Compensation, personal injuries for you. Good ideas that hadnt even crossed our minds.
Oooh i thought look at all the support we have for our story. Not so, if all of the above bully boys pass this trait in to their children then we live in a very sorry community. I fight for what I think is right under my own name i.e. Jackie Harris and its the bully boys at Essex Highways I am going up against not you lot. You all need to appreciate that your comments are very hurtful but thanks for all the things we hadnt actually given a thought to i.e. Compensation, personal injuries for you. Good ideas that hadnt even crossed our minds. Wackiejackie
  • Score: 5

12:10pm Fri 28 Mar 14

poortaxpayer says...

Wackiejackie wrote:
Oooh i thought look at all the support we have for our story. Not so, if all of the above bully boys pass this trait in to their children then we live in a very sorry community. I fight for what I think is right under my own name i.e. Jackie Harris and its the bully boys at Essex Highways I am going up against not you lot. You all need to appreciate that your comments are very hurtful but thanks for all the things we hadnt actually given a thought to i.e. Compensation, personal injuries for you. Good ideas that hadnt even crossed our minds.
Perhaps next time get your Housing Association to move you somewhere not slap bang next to a dual carriageway?

You live next to a major road and you hear traffic noise - shock horror - what next people complaining about the noise from trains because they live next to a railway line or the sound of kids because they live next to a school?
[quote][p][bold]Wackiejackie[/bold] wrote: Oooh i thought look at all the support we have for our story. Not so, if all of the above bully boys pass this trait in to their children then we live in a very sorry community. I fight for what I think is right under my own name i.e. Jackie Harris and its the bully boys at Essex Highways I am going up against not you lot. You all need to appreciate that your comments are very hurtful but thanks for all the things we hadnt actually given a thought to i.e. Compensation, personal injuries for you. Good ideas that hadnt even crossed our minds.[/p][/quote]Perhaps next time get your Housing Association to move you somewhere not slap bang next to a dual carriageway? You live next to a major road and you hear traffic noise - shock horror - what next people complaining about the noise from trains because they live next to a railway line or the sound of kids because they live next to a school? poortaxpayer
  • Score: 1

9:15pm Fri 28 Mar 14

Wackiejackie says...

Erm actually I don't live in a housing association home But so what if I did I own my own house and i live 50 ft from the railway line and have never complained because they are not allowed to sound their horn after 11 as it disturbs the residents but the arctics tipper trucks and lorries can go 80 mph 10 ft past my home at 4 am in the morning as there is no road surface, pot holes and no trees as the road works for Sadlers killed them all off. And I have paid tax since I was 16 years old and I am now 57 so you need to stop judging people poor Mr Taxpayer. Do you think you are the only one that pays tax........ My husband has paid tax for 50 years and my children pay tax and most of the people I know pay tax. So you are saying people that live in rented accommodation should put up with this ? Thats very judgemental.
Erm actually I don't live in a housing association home But so what if I did I own my own house and i live 50 ft from the railway line and have never complained because they are not allowed to sound their horn after 11 as it disturbs the residents but the arctics tipper trucks and lorries can go 80 mph 10 ft past my home at 4 am in the morning as there is no road surface, pot holes and no trees as the road works for Sadlers killed them all off. And I have paid tax since I was 16 years old and I am now 57 so you need to stop judging people poor Mr Taxpayer. Do you think you are the only one that pays tax........ My husband has paid tax for 50 years and my children pay tax and most of the people I know pay tax. So you are saying people that live in rented accommodation should put up with this ? Thats very judgemental. Wackiejackie
  • Score: 5

9:25pm Fri 28 Mar 14

Wackiejackie says...

Howard Cháse wrote:
I've got an idea.

If the Council use some of the big piles of soil in Gloucester Park that bloke was moaning about in here a while ago to extend the existing 'Sound Boom' along the side of the A13 just to the west of where these poor sleep deprived moaners live that would solve two problems in one hit.

Trouble is they would have to give up the daylight andthe road between their houses and the A13 to accomodate it. Still they'd get some kip....
That would e very welcome.
[quote][p][bold]Howard Cháse[/bold] wrote: I've got an idea. If the Council use some of the big piles of soil in Gloucester Park that bloke was moaning about in here a while ago to extend the existing 'Sound Boom' along the side of the A13 just to the west of where these poor sleep deprived moaners live that would solve two problems in one hit. Trouble is they would have to give up the daylight andthe road between their houses and the A13 to accomodate it. Still they'd get some kip....[/p][/quote]That would e very welcome. Wackiejackie
  • Score: 0

9:26pm Fri 28 Mar 14

Wackiejackie says...

Howard Cháse wrote:
Massive increase in speed?

Have they changed the limit there or is it just because the reduction in speed limit that was in place for the lenghty duration of the works has been lifted and vehicles can go as fast as they were able to before it all started?

The volume of traffic will also seem higher as the lane reductions will also have been lifted
They go faster because they are not stuck in traffic. Therefore more lorries come this way now instead of using the A127.
[quote][p][bold]Howard Cháse[/bold] wrote: Massive increase in speed? Have they changed the limit there or is it just because the reduction in speed limit that was in place for the lenghty duration of the works has been lifted and vehicles can go as fast as they were able to before it all started? The volume of traffic will also seem higher as the lane reductions will also have been lifted[/p][/quote]They go faster because they are not stuck in traffic. Therefore more lorries come this way now instead of using the A127. Wackiejackie
  • Score: 2

9:30pm Fri 28 Mar 14

Wackiejackie says...

Nebs wrote:
If you buy a house near a road then you have to expect a bit of traffic noise.
I wish it was traffic. Its not its 66,000 cars a day going at 70 mph plus due to new 8 Lanes.
[quote][p][bold]Nebs[/bold] wrote: If you buy a house near a road then you have to expect a bit of traffic noise.[/p][/quote]I wish it was traffic. Its not its 66,000 cars a day going at 70 mph plus due to new 8 Lanes. Wackiejackie
  • Score: 1

9:30pm Fri 28 Mar 14

Wackiejackie says...

Nebs wrote:
If you buy a house near a road then you have to expect a bit of traffic noise.
I wish it was traffic. Its not its 66,000 cars a day going at 70 mph plus due to new 8 Lanes.
[quote][p][bold]Nebs[/bold] wrote: If you buy a house near a road then you have to expect a bit of traffic noise.[/p][/quote]I wish it was traffic. Its not its 66,000 cars a day going at 70 mph plus due to new 8 Lanes. Wackiejackie
  • Score: -1

10:43am Sun 30 Mar 14

poortaxpayer says...

Wackiejackie wrote:
Erm actually I don't live in a housing association home But so what if I did I own my own house and i live 50 ft from the railway line and have never complained because they are not allowed to sound their horn after 11 as it disturbs the residents but the arctics tipper trucks and lorries can go 80 mph 10 ft past my home at 4 am in the morning as there is no road surface, pot holes and no trees as the road works for Sadlers killed them all off. And I have paid tax since I was 16 years old and I am now 57 so you need to stop judging people poor Mr Taxpayer. Do you think you are the only one that pays tax........ My husband has paid tax for 50 years and my children pay tax and most of the people I know pay tax. So you are saying people that live in rented accommodation should put up with this ? Thats very judgemental.
Please don't lie and take us all for idiots. You do not live 10 feet from the A13. And if you lived 50 feet from the railway line then the railway would be on the A13. You arguments fail because of your lies. Lorries do not travel at 80 mph they are fitted with speed restricted by law. If you were a boat you would sink to the bottom of the ocean because you are so full of holes - just like your lie filled arguments.
[quote][p][bold]Wackiejackie[/bold] wrote: Erm actually I don't live in a housing association home But so what if I did I own my own house and i live 50 ft from the railway line and have never complained because they are not allowed to sound their horn after 11 as it disturbs the residents but the arctics tipper trucks and lorries can go 80 mph 10 ft past my home at 4 am in the morning as there is no road surface, pot holes and no trees as the road works for Sadlers killed them all off. And I have paid tax since I was 16 years old and I am now 57 so you need to stop judging people poor Mr Taxpayer. Do you think you are the only one that pays tax........ My husband has paid tax for 50 years and my children pay tax and most of the people I know pay tax. So you are saying people that live in rented accommodation should put up with this ? Thats very judgemental.[/p][/quote]Please don't lie and take us all for idiots. You do not live 10 feet from the A13. And if you lived 50 feet from the railway line then the railway would be on the A13. You arguments fail because of your lies. Lorries do not travel at 80 mph they are fitted with speed restricted by law. If you were a boat you would sink to the bottom of the ocean because you are so full of holes - just like your lie filled arguments. poortaxpayer
  • Score: 0

4:54pm Sun 30 Mar 14

Wackiejackie says...

poortaxpayer wrote:
Wackiejackie wrote:
Erm actually I don't live in a housing association home But so what if I did I own my own house and i live 50 ft from the railway line and have never complained because they are not allowed to sound their horn after 11 as it disturbs the residents but the arctics tipper trucks and lorries can go 80 mph 10 ft past my home at 4 am in the morning as there is no road surface, pot holes and no trees as the road works for Sadlers killed them all off. And I have paid tax since I was 16 years old and I am now 57 so you need to stop judging people poor Mr Taxpayer. Do you think you are the only one that pays tax........ My husband has paid tax for 50 years and my children pay tax and most of the people I know pay tax. So you are saying people that live in rented accommodation should put up with this ? Thats very judgemental.
Please don't lie and take us all for idiots. You do not live 10 feet from the A13. And if you lived 50 feet from the railway line then the railway would be on the A13. You arguments fail because of your lies. Lorries do not travel at 80 mph they are fitted with speed restricted by law. If you were a boat you would sink to the bottom of the ocean because you are so full of holes - just like your lie filled arguments.
Come round with your tap measure i dare you ........
[quote][p][bold]poortaxpayer[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Wackiejackie[/bold] wrote: Erm actually I don't live in a housing association home But so what if I did I own my own house and i live 50 ft from the railway line and have never complained because they are not allowed to sound their horn after 11 as it disturbs the residents but the arctics tipper trucks and lorries can go 80 mph 10 ft past my home at 4 am in the morning as there is no road surface, pot holes and no trees as the road works for Sadlers killed them all off. And I have paid tax since I was 16 years old and I am now 57 so you need to stop judging people poor Mr Taxpayer. Do you think you are the only one that pays tax........ My husband has paid tax for 50 years and my children pay tax and most of the people I know pay tax. So you are saying people that live in rented accommodation should put up with this ? Thats very judgemental.[/p][/quote]Please don't lie and take us all for idiots. You do not live 10 feet from the A13. And if you lived 50 feet from the railway line then the railway would be on the A13. You arguments fail because of your lies. Lorries do not travel at 80 mph they are fitted with speed restricted by law. If you were a boat you would sink to the bottom of the ocean because you are so full of holes - just like your lie filled arguments.[/p][/quote]Come round with your tap measure i dare you ........ Wackiejackie
  • Score: -1

4:56pm Sun 30 Mar 14

Wackiejackie says...

Wackiejackie wrote:
poortaxpayer wrote:
Wackiejackie wrote:
Erm actually I don't live in a housing association home But so what if I did I own my own house and i live 50 ft from the railway line and have never complained because they are not allowed to sound their horn after 11 as it disturbs the residents but the arctics tipper trucks and lorries can go 80 mph 10 ft past my home at 4 am in the morning as there is no road surface, pot holes and no trees as the road works for Sadlers killed them all off. And I have paid tax since I was 16 years old and I am now 57 so you need to stop judging people poor Mr Taxpayer. Do you think you are the only one that pays tax........ My husband has paid tax for 50 years and my children pay tax and most of the people I know pay tax. So you are saying people that live in rented accommodation should put up with this ? Thats very judgemental.
Please don't lie and take us all for idiots. You do not live 10 feet from the A13. And if you lived 50 feet from the railway line then the railway would be on the A13. You arguments fail because of your lies. Lorries do not travel at 80 mph they are fitted with speed restricted by law. If you were a boat you would sink to the bottom of the ocean because you are so full of holes - just like your lie filled arguments.
Come round with your tap measure i dare you ........
Come round with your tape measure i dare you ........
[quote][p][bold]Wackiejackie[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]poortaxpayer[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Wackiejackie[/bold] wrote: Erm actually I don't live in a housing association home But so what if I did I own my own house and i live 50 ft from the railway line and have never complained because they are not allowed to sound their horn after 11 as it disturbs the residents but the arctics tipper trucks and lorries can go 80 mph 10 ft past my home at 4 am in the morning as there is no road surface, pot holes and no trees as the road works for Sadlers killed them all off. And I have paid tax since I was 16 years old and I am now 57 so you need to stop judging people poor Mr Taxpayer. Do you think you are the only one that pays tax........ My husband has paid tax for 50 years and my children pay tax and most of the people I know pay tax. So you are saying people that live in rented accommodation should put up with this ? Thats very judgemental.[/p][/quote]Please don't lie and take us all for idiots. You do not live 10 feet from the A13. And if you lived 50 feet from the railway line then the railway would be on the A13. You arguments fail because of your lies. Lorries do not travel at 80 mph they are fitted with speed restricted by law. If you were a boat you would sink to the bottom of the ocean because you are so full of holes - just like your lie filled arguments.[/p][/quote]Come round with your tap measure i dare you ........[/p][/quote]Come round with your tape measure i dare you ........ Wackiejackie
  • Score: -2

4:58pm Sun 30 Mar 14

Wackiejackie says...

Look at the picture thats outside someones house and past the second railing the the railway line......... I do no lie .....
Look at the picture thats outside someones house and past the second railing the the railway line......... I do no lie ..... Wackiejackie
  • Score: -1

7:36pm Sun 30 Mar 14

poortaxpayer says...

Wackiejackie wrote:
poortaxpayer wrote:
Wackiejackie wrote:
Erm actually I don't live in a housing association home But so what if I did I own my own house and i live 50 ft from the railway line and have never complained because they are not allowed to sound their horn after 11 as it disturbs the residents but the arctics tipper trucks and lorries can go 80 mph 10 ft past my home at 4 am in the morning as there is no road surface, pot holes and no trees as the road works for Sadlers killed them all off. And I have paid tax since I was 16 years old and I am now 57 so you need to stop judging people poor Mr Taxpayer. Do you think you are the only one that pays tax........ My husband has paid tax for 50 years and my children pay tax and most of the people I know pay tax. So you are saying people that live in rented accommodation should put up with this ? Thats very judgemental.
Please don't lie and take us all for idiots. You do not live 10 feet from the A13. And if you lived 50 feet from the railway line then the railway would be on the A13. You arguments fail because of your lies. Lorries do not travel at 80 mph they are fitted with speed restricted by law. If you were a boat you would sink to the bottom of the ocean because you are so full of holes - just like your lie filled arguments.
Come round with your tap measure i dare you ........
The A13 is not 10 feet from someones home. The nearest to a home is at least 50 feet. and the railway track is at least 150 feet from the nearest home.

Your arguments fail because of your lies.

You are a liar.
[quote][p][bold]Wackiejackie[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]poortaxpayer[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Wackiejackie[/bold] wrote: Erm actually I don't live in a housing association home But so what if I did I own my own house and i live 50 ft from the railway line and have never complained because they are not allowed to sound their horn after 11 as it disturbs the residents but the arctics tipper trucks and lorries can go 80 mph 10 ft past my home at 4 am in the morning as there is no road surface, pot holes and no trees as the road works for Sadlers killed them all off. And I have paid tax since I was 16 years old and I am now 57 so you need to stop judging people poor Mr Taxpayer. Do you think you are the only one that pays tax........ My husband has paid tax for 50 years and my children pay tax and most of the people I know pay tax. So you are saying people that live in rented accommodation should put up with this ? Thats very judgemental.[/p][/quote]Please don't lie and take us all for idiots. You do not live 10 feet from the A13. And if you lived 50 feet from the railway line then the railway would be on the A13. You arguments fail because of your lies. Lorries do not travel at 80 mph they are fitted with speed restricted by law. If you were a boat you would sink to the bottom of the ocean because you are so full of holes - just like your lie filled arguments.[/p][/quote]Come round with your tap measure i dare you ........[/p][/quote]The A13 is not 10 feet from someones home. The nearest to a home is at least 50 feet. and the railway track is at least 150 feet from the nearest home. Your arguments fail because of your lies. You are a liar. poortaxpayer
  • Score: -3

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree