Flooding causing delays on A127 near Basildon

First published in News
Last updated

TRAFFIC delays are being caused after a dual carriageway became flooded near Basildon.

Cars were forced to slow down and stop at points along both sides of the A127 between the Noak Bridge junction and A128/Brentwood exit after heavy rainfall battered the road on Monday evening.

One motorist who was caught up in the delays said: "At the Dunton junction the water must have been about half a foot deep so cars were really having to take it steady through there.

"It was all quite stop-start along the road and it was making the traffic really slow moving."

Comments (17)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

9:07pm Mon 12 May 14

Mattster says...

Yet again disruption caused no doubt by a lack of basic highway drainage maintenance.
Yet again disruption caused no doubt by a lack of basic highway drainage maintenance. Mattster
  • Score: 13

9:16pm Mon 12 May 14

pembury53 says...

Mattster wrote:
Yet again disruption caused no doubt by a lack of basic highway drainage maintenance.
another few thousand houses should help a treat.....
[quote][p][bold]Mattster[/bold] wrote: Yet again disruption caused no doubt by a lack of basic highway drainage maintenance.[/p][/quote]another few thousand houses should help a treat..... pembury53
  • Score: 16

9:36pm Mon 12 May 14

carnmountyouknowitmakessense says...

Ah the Monsoon season has arrived, at least people will be ready this time.....
Ah the Monsoon season has arrived, at least people will be ready this time..... carnmountyouknowitmakessense
  • Score: 8

9:44pm Mon 12 May 14

carnmountyouknowitmakessense says...

I saw some tw@t drive fast through this pond, they promptly broke down, engine flooded....
I saw some tw@t drive fast through this pond, they promptly broke down, engine flooded.... carnmountyouknowitmakessense
  • Score: 16

10:16pm Mon 12 May 14

Democrat says...

Mattster wrote:
Yet again disruption caused no doubt by a lack of basic highway drainage maintenance.
No - it is called heavy rainfall
[quote][p][bold]Mattster[/bold] wrote: Yet again disruption caused no doubt by a lack of basic highway drainage maintenance.[/p][/quote]No - it is called heavy rainfall Democrat
  • Score: -2

10:41pm Mon 12 May 14

Mattster says...

Democrat wrote:
Mattster wrote:
Yet again disruption caused no doubt by a lack of basic highway drainage maintenance.
No - it is called heavy rainfall
Combined with blocked drains = flood.
[quote][p][bold]Democrat[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Mattster[/bold] wrote: Yet again disruption caused no doubt by a lack of basic highway drainage maintenance.[/p][/quote]No - it is called heavy rainfall[/p][/quote]Combined with blocked drains = flood. Mattster
  • Score: 16

11:30pm Mon 12 May 14

Kim Gandy says...

Cue the global warming hand wringers.

It's warm - it's global warming caused by a hole in the ozone layer
It's snowing - global cooling inbetween the global warming
It's flooding- it's obviously global warming because the ice caps are melting
It's foggy - it must be global warming caused by rain forest erosion
gale force winds - global warming caused by conditions in the Gulf Stream
heatwave - global warming caused by cow f@rts and McDonalds wrappers
Cue the global warming hand wringers. It's warm - it's global warming caused by a hole in the ozone layer It's snowing - global cooling inbetween the global warming It's flooding- it's obviously global warming because the ice caps are melting It's foggy - it must be global warming caused by rain forest erosion gale force winds - global warming caused by conditions in the Gulf Stream heatwave - global warming caused by cow f@rts and McDonalds wrappers Kim Gandy
  • Score: 0

1:12am Tue 13 May 14

Chris Flunk says...

Kim Gandy wrote:
Cue the global warming hand wringers.

It's warm - it's global warming caused by a hole in the ozone layer
It's snowing - global cooling inbetween the global warming
It's flooding- it's obviously global warming because the ice caps are melting
It's foggy - it must be global warming caused by rain forest erosion
gale force winds - global warming caused by conditions in the Gulf Stream
heatwave - global warming caused by cow f@rts and McDonalds wrappers
I don't think you can attribute a single heavy shower to climate change. That said, I would love to hear your argument against climate change as a result of human activity.
[quote][p][bold]Kim Gandy[/bold] wrote: Cue the global warming hand wringers. It's warm - it's global warming caused by a hole in the ozone layer It's snowing - global cooling inbetween the global warming It's flooding- it's obviously global warming because the ice caps are melting It's foggy - it must be global warming caused by rain forest erosion gale force winds - global warming caused by conditions in the Gulf Stream heatwave - global warming caused by cow f@rts and McDonalds wrappers[/p][/quote]I don't think you can attribute a single heavy shower to climate change. That said, I would love to hear your argument against climate change as a result of human activity. Chris Flunk
  • Score: 3

12:17pm Tue 13 May 14

Mattster says...

Kim Gandy wrote:
Cue the global warming hand wringers.

It's warm - it's global warming caused by a hole in the ozone layer
It's snowing - global cooling inbetween the global warming
It's flooding- it's obviously global warming because the ice caps are melting
It's foggy - it must be global warming caused by rain forest erosion
gale force winds - global warming caused by conditions in the Gulf Stream
heatwave - global warming caused by cow f@rts and McDonalds wrappers
I dont think anyone has claimed a hole in the Ozone layer causes Global Warming, Skin Cancer yes but not Global Warming. Your not getting your facts from the Daily Mail by chance?
[quote][p][bold]Kim Gandy[/bold] wrote: Cue the global warming hand wringers. It's warm - it's global warming caused by a hole in the ozone layer It's snowing - global cooling inbetween the global warming It's flooding- it's obviously global warming because the ice caps are melting It's foggy - it must be global warming caused by rain forest erosion gale force winds - global warming caused by conditions in the Gulf Stream heatwave - global warming caused by cow f@rts and McDonalds wrappers[/p][/quote]I dont think anyone has claimed a hole in the Ozone layer causes Global Warming, Skin Cancer yes but not Global Warming. Your not getting your facts from the Daily Mail by chance? Mattster
  • Score: 2

11:37pm Tue 13 May 14

ThisYear says...

Kim Gandy wrote:
Cue the global warming hand wringers.

It's warm - it's global warming caused by a hole in the ozone layer
It's snowing - global cooling inbetween the global warming
It's flooding- it's obviously global warming because the ice caps are melting
It's foggy - it must be global warming caused by rain forest erosion
gale force winds - global warming caused by conditions in the Gulf Stream
heatwave - global warming caused by cow f@rts and McDonalds wrappers
"global warming caused by cow f@rts and McDonalds wrappers" And Gandy's mouth flatulence!
[quote][p][bold]Kim Gandy[/bold] wrote: Cue the global warming hand wringers. It's warm - it's global warming caused by a hole in the ozone layer It's snowing - global cooling inbetween the global warming It's flooding- it's obviously global warming because the ice caps are melting It's foggy - it must be global warming caused by rain forest erosion gale force winds - global warming caused by conditions in the Gulf Stream heatwave - global warming caused by cow f@rts and McDonalds wrappers[/p][/quote]"global warming caused by cow f@rts and McDonalds wrappers" And Gandy's mouth flatulence! ThisYear
  • Score: -2

2:03am Wed 14 May 14

Kim Gandy says...

ThisYear wrote:
Kim Gandy wrote:
Cue the global warming hand wringers.

It's warm - it's global warming caused by a hole in the ozone layer
It's snowing - global cooling inbetween the global warming
It's flooding- it's obviously global warming because the ice caps are melting
It's foggy - it must be global warming caused by rain forest erosion
gale force winds - global warming caused by conditions in the Gulf Stream
heatwave - global warming caused by cow f@rts and McDonalds wrappers
"global warming caused by cow f@rts and McDonalds wrappers" And Gandy's mouth flatulence!
You again, the only methane around here emits from your cake hole you jumped up twerp.
[quote][p][bold]ThisYear[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Kim Gandy[/bold] wrote: Cue the global warming hand wringers. It's warm - it's global warming caused by a hole in the ozone layer It's snowing - global cooling inbetween the global warming It's flooding- it's obviously global warming because the ice caps are melting It's foggy - it must be global warming caused by rain forest erosion gale force winds - global warming caused by conditions in the Gulf Stream heatwave - global warming caused by cow f@rts and McDonalds wrappers[/p][/quote]"global warming caused by cow f@rts and McDonalds wrappers" And Gandy's mouth flatulence![/p][/quote]You again, the only methane around here emits from your cake hole you jumped up twerp. Kim Gandy
  • Score: 0

2:05am Wed 14 May 14

Kim Gandy says...

Mattster wrote:
Kim Gandy wrote:
Cue the global warming hand wringers.

It's warm - it's global warming caused by a hole in the ozone layer
It's snowing - global cooling inbetween the global warming
It's flooding- it's obviously global warming because the ice caps are melting
It's foggy - it must be global warming caused by rain forest erosion
gale force winds - global warming caused by conditions in the Gulf Stream
heatwave - global warming caused by cow f@rts and McDonalds wrappers
I dont think anyone has claimed a hole in the Ozone layer causes Global Warming, Skin Cancer yes but not Global Warming. Your not getting your facts from the Daily Mail by chance?
No I don't, idiot. I hate that newspaper.

But just for your information, it was tongue in cheek but you lefties don't get that do you?
[quote][p][bold]Mattster[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Kim Gandy[/bold] wrote: Cue the global warming hand wringers. It's warm - it's global warming caused by a hole in the ozone layer It's snowing - global cooling inbetween the global warming It's flooding- it's obviously global warming because the ice caps are melting It's foggy - it must be global warming caused by rain forest erosion gale force winds - global warming caused by conditions in the Gulf Stream heatwave - global warming caused by cow f@rts and McDonalds wrappers[/p][/quote]I dont think anyone has claimed a hole in the Ozone layer causes Global Warming, Skin Cancer yes but not Global Warming. Your not getting your facts from the Daily Mail by chance?[/p][/quote]No I don't, idiot. I hate that newspaper. But just for your information, it was tongue in cheek but you lefties don't get that do you? Kim Gandy
  • Score: 1

2:06am Wed 14 May 14

Kim Gandy says...

Chris Flunk wrote:
Kim Gandy wrote:
Cue the global warming hand wringers.

It's warm - it's global warming caused by a hole in the ozone layer
It's snowing - global cooling inbetween the global warming
It's flooding- it's obviously global warming because the ice caps are melting
It's foggy - it must be global warming caused by rain forest erosion
gale force winds - global warming caused by conditions in the Gulf Stream
heatwave - global warming caused by cow f@rts and McDonalds wrappers
I don't think you can attribute a single heavy shower to climate change. That said, I would love to hear your argument against climate change as a result of human activity.
Yes probably caused by hot air from people like you.

It was tongue in cheek for God's sake.

Lighten up.
[quote][p][bold]Chris Flunk[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Kim Gandy[/bold] wrote: Cue the global warming hand wringers. It's warm - it's global warming caused by a hole in the ozone layer It's snowing - global cooling inbetween the global warming It's flooding- it's obviously global warming because the ice caps are melting It's foggy - it must be global warming caused by rain forest erosion gale force winds - global warming caused by conditions in the Gulf Stream heatwave - global warming caused by cow f@rts and McDonalds wrappers[/p][/quote]I don't think you can attribute a single heavy shower to climate change. That said, I would love to hear your argument against climate change as a result of human activity.[/p][/quote]Yes probably caused by hot air from people like you. It was tongue in cheek for God's sake. Lighten up. Kim Gandy
  • Score: -1

2:10am Wed 14 May 14

Kim Gandy says...

Dear God, you lefties had your sense of humour surgically removed at birth.

Oh and Mattster, it's "you're" not "your". "You're" is a contraction of "you are"....

you obviously don't read at all, let alone the DM.
Dear God, you lefties had your sense of humour surgically removed at birth. Oh and Mattster, it's "you're" not "your". "You're" is a contraction of "you are".... you obviously don't read at all, let alone the DM. Kim Gandy
  • Score: -2

1:26pm Wed 14 May 14

Mattster says...

Kim Gandy wrote:
Mattster wrote:
Kim Gandy wrote:
Cue the global warming hand wringers.

It's warm - it's global warming caused by a hole in the ozone layer
It's snowing - global cooling inbetween the global warming
It's flooding- it's obviously global warming because the ice caps are melting
It's foggy - it must be global warming caused by rain forest erosion
gale force winds - global warming caused by conditions in the Gulf Stream
heatwave - global warming caused by cow f@rts and McDonalds wrappers
I dont think anyone has claimed a hole in the Ozone layer causes Global Warming, Skin Cancer yes but not Global Warming. Your not getting your facts from the Daily Mail by chance?
No I don't, idiot. I hate that newspaper.

But just for your information, it was tongue in cheek but you lefties don't get that do you?
Leftie, Brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!
!
[quote][p][bold]Kim Gandy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Mattster[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Kim Gandy[/bold] wrote: Cue the global warming hand wringers. It's warm - it's global warming caused by a hole in the ozone layer It's snowing - global cooling inbetween the global warming It's flooding- it's obviously global warming because the ice caps are melting It's foggy - it must be global warming caused by rain forest erosion gale force winds - global warming caused by conditions in the Gulf Stream heatwave - global warming caused by cow f@rts and McDonalds wrappers[/p][/quote]I dont think anyone has claimed a hole in the Ozone layer causes Global Warming, Skin Cancer yes but not Global Warming. Your not getting your facts from the Daily Mail by chance?[/p][/quote]No I don't, idiot. I hate that newspaper. But just for your information, it was tongue in cheek but you lefties don't get that do you?[/p][/quote]Leftie, Brilliant!!!!!!!!!!! ! Mattster
  • Score: -1

8:47pm Wed 14 May 14

ThisYear says...

Kim Gandy wrote:
ThisYear wrote:
Kim Gandy wrote:
Cue the global warming hand wringers.

It's warm - it's global warming caused by a hole in the ozone layer
It's snowing - global cooling inbetween the global warming
It's flooding- it's obviously global warming because the ice caps are melting
It's foggy - it must be global warming caused by rain forest erosion
gale force winds - global warming caused by conditions in the Gulf Stream
heatwave - global warming caused by cow f@rts and McDonalds wrappers
"global warming caused by cow f@rts and McDonalds wrappers" And Gandy's mouth flatulence!
You again, the only methane around here emits from your cake hole you jumped up twerp.
Why paraphrase what I said Gandy?

Proof of the booty-speak.
[quote][p][bold]Kim Gandy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ThisYear[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Kim Gandy[/bold] wrote: Cue the global warming hand wringers. It's warm - it's global warming caused by a hole in the ozone layer It's snowing - global cooling inbetween the global warming It's flooding- it's obviously global warming because the ice caps are melting It's foggy - it must be global warming caused by rain forest erosion gale force winds - global warming caused by conditions in the Gulf Stream heatwave - global warming caused by cow f@rts and McDonalds wrappers[/p][/quote]"global warming caused by cow f@rts and McDonalds wrappers" And Gandy's mouth flatulence![/p][/quote]You again, the only methane around here emits from your cake hole you jumped up twerp.[/p][/quote]Why paraphrase what I said Gandy? Proof of the booty-speak. ThisYear
  • Score: -1

8:48pm Wed 14 May 14

ThisYear says...

Kim Gandy wrote:
Chris Flunk wrote:
Kim Gandy wrote:
Cue the global warming hand wringers.

It's warm - it's global warming caused by a hole in the ozone layer
It's snowing - global cooling inbetween the global warming
It's flooding- it's obviously global warming because the ice caps are melting
It's foggy - it must be global warming caused by rain forest erosion
gale force winds - global warming caused by conditions in the Gulf Stream
heatwave - global warming caused by cow f@rts and McDonalds wrappers
I don't think you can attribute a single heavy shower to climate change. That said, I would love to hear your argument against climate change as a result of human activity.
Yes probably caused by hot air from people like you.

It was tongue in cheek for God's sake.

Lighten up.
I think your tongue is in your cheeks most of the time..eh Gandy?
[quote][p][bold]Kim Gandy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Chris Flunk[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Kim Gandy[/bold] wrote: Cue the global warming hand wringers. It's warm - it's global warming caused by a hole in the ozone layer It's snowing - global cooling inbetween the global warming It's flooding- it's obviously global warming because the ice caps are melting It's foggy - it must be global warming caused by rain forest erosion gale force winds - global warming caused by conditions in the Gulf Stream heatwave - global warming caused by cow f@rts and McDonalds wrappers[/p][/quote]I don't think you can attribute a single heavy shower to climate change. That said, I would love to hear your argument against climate change as a result of human activity.[/p][/quote]Yes probably caused by hot air from people like you. It was tongue in cheek for God's sake. Lighten up.[/p][/quote]I think your tongue is in your cheeks most of the time..eh Gandy? ThisYear
  • Score: -1

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree