Protests as Basildon waste plant goes ahead in Courtauld Road

Basildon Recorder: Blot on the landscape? Plans for the Courtauld Road waste plant Blot on the landscape? Plans for the Courtauld Road waste plant

Basildon will be saddled with a massive waste plant after councillors voted in favour of plans for a biological treatment complext at Courtauld Road.

Borough councillors argued Basildon had done enough by taking in other people’s rubbish for years at Pitsea tip. But seven of nine members of County Hall’s development and regulation committee said the plant was in the interest of Essex as a whole.

John Dornan, Basildon councillor for the environment, said: “This is a great development, but it’s in the wrong location. You have to look at the impact on residents’ quality of life, especially the traveller site next door. There is the impact on traffic and the blight on local properties.”

He said there was not enough parking and the scheme could compromise regeneration plans in the area. He added: “The buildings are 66ft high – roughly a seven-storey block of flats. We pull those down in Basildon.”

Borough councillor Sandra Hillier, who is also on the county council, said: “Pitsea has taken waste from Essex and London for too long. Other authorities should foot the responsibility and the site should be more central in Essex.”

But she conceded the plans were going to be approved and asked for more cash towards community improvements.

The meeting heard there was a petition from Hovefields official traveller site, in Courtauld Road, but few other objections.

Richard Greaves, the county’s principal planner, said the site already had permission for a larger operation, and the new scheme, by County Hall contractor Urbaser Balfour Beatty, represented a reduction in the amount of waste brought in and lorry movements.

Environmental concerns had already been addressed, with a major operation to transfer newts and reptiles.

He said: “Under a legal agreement, the developer will commit £1million to highway improvements along the East Mayne corridor. There will be footpath and cycle ways along Courtauld Road and a toucan crossing. “The Essex waste strategy has been aimed at reducing the amount of waste that goes to landfill and this will reduce the amount by 50 per cent. Over the 25-year project there will be savings in landfill tax of £200million.”

He said County Hall had secured £100million of Government funding to allow the development, which would create up to 300 jobs during construction, and 75 permanent posts.

There will also be a visitor centre open to schools and residents to teach about waste disposal.

Comments (44)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

3:15pm Tue 31 Jul 12

Russ13 says...

"The meeting heard there was a petition from Hovefields official traveller site, in Courtauld Road, but few other objections"

Perhaps when the "Travellers" start paying their dues and contributing to society then they might be entitled to object to this.

Seeing as there's very little in the way of homes in this area I think it's an ideal place to put it.
"The meeting heard there was a petition from Hovefields official traveller site, in Courtauld Road, but few other objections" Perhaps when the "Travellers" start paying their dues and contributing to society then they might be entitled to object to this. Seeing as there's very little in the way of homes in this area I think it's an ideal place to put it. Russ13

3:25pm Tue 31 Jul 12

StuckInTraffic says...

The headline states 'Protests' but the story doesn't make any mention of any protests. Were there any protests or not?
The headline states 'Protests' but the story doesn't make any mention of any protests. Were there any protests or not? StuckInTraffic

4:30pm Tue 31 Jul 12

SpaffSpiff84 says...

outrageous, you cant build a waste plant next to a traveller site! its not fair on the waste plant
outrageous, you cant build a waste plant next to a traveller site! its not fair on the waste plant SpaffSpiff84

4:58pm Tue 31 Jul 12

mcrosby78 says...

Well I think it's the perfect place for it. There's already a massive industrial area there anyway, and it's far enough away from most residential areas.

You're always going to get people objecting to it, but it needs to be placed somewhere and Basildon could certainly do with the jobs.
Well I think it's the perfect place for it. There's already a massive industrial area there anyway, and it's far enough away from most residential areas. You're always going to get people objecting to it, but it needs to be placed somewhere and Basildon could certainly do with the jobs. mcrosby78

5:04pm Tue 31 Jul 12

The Cater Wood Creeper says...

mcrosby78 wrote:
Well I think it's the perfect place for it. There's already a massive industrial area there anyway, and it's far enough away from most residential areas. You're always going to get people objecting to it, but it needs to be placed somewhere and Basildon could certainly do with the jobs.
I agree. Some thought ought to be given to opening access to the site from the A127 rather than havin the trucks trundling up and down Courtauld Road and to and from the already notorious traffic congestion point of the Nevendon Flyover junction of Eastmayne and the A127 - should be simple enough really given the site's adjancency to the westound carriageway of the A127
[quote][p][bold]mcrosby78[/bold] wrote: Well I think it's the perfect place for it. There's already a massive industrial area there anyway, and it's far enough away from most residential areas. You're always going to get people objecting to it, but it needs to be placed somewhere and Basildon could certainly do with the jobs.[/p][/quote]I agree. Some thought ought to be given to opening access to the site from the A127 rather than havin the trucks trundling up and down Courtauld Road and to and from the already notorious traffic congestion point of the Nevendon Flyover junction of Eastmayne and the A127 - should be simple enough really given the site's adjancency to the westound carriageway of the A127 The Cater Wood Creeper

5:39pm Tue 31 Jul 12

boozybex says...

im so glad there is going to be a complext in basildon WTF is a complext when it is at home does this paper not have a prof reader retards
im so glad there is going to be a complext in basildon WTF is a complext when it is at home does this paper not have a prof reader retards boozybex

5:57pm Tue 31 Jul 12

iknowbetter says...

boozybex wrote:
im so glad there is going to be a complext in basildon WTF is a complext when it is at home does this paper not have a prof reader retards
Ahem!! and exactly what is a "prof".

pot and kettel...lol
[quote][p][bold]boozybex[/bold] wrote: im so glad there is going to be a complext in basildon WTF is a complext when it is at home does this paper not have a prof reader retards[/p][/quote]Ahem!! and exactly what is a "prof". pot and kettel...lol iknowbetter

5:58pm Tue 31 Jul 12

iknowbetter says...

And I'll go to the retard corner for spelling Kettle wrong.. lol
And I'll go to the retard corner for spelling Kettle wrong.. lol iknowbetter

6:14pm Tue 31 Jul 12

Happylass says...

I got fed up, along with several other commentators on this paper's inability to present typo-free, and correct grammar news reports. Many of us have even offered our services to the Echo, but as yet no one has seen fit to contact any of us. Unless someone has finally got the job. Even for computer led papers, you still have the spell-check facility, then the Editor is supposed to check the final proof and OK it for print. Hmmmm something still going wrong somewhere.
Misspellings within the comments section are down to the people who write them, since I'm unsure as to whether they are amendable, once sent. Happy reading.
I got fed up, along with several other commentators on this paper's inability to present typo-free, and correct grammar news reports. Many of us have even offered our services to the Echo, but as yet no one has seen fit to contact any of us. Unless someone has finally got the job. Even for computer led papers, you still have the spell-check facility, then the Editor is supposed to check the final proof and OK it for print. Hmmmm something still going wrong somewhere. Misspellings within the comments section are down to the people who write them, since I'm unsure as to whether they are amendable, once sent. Happy reading. Happylass

6:29pm Tue 31 Jul 12

E-Types. says...

Russ13 wrote:
"The meeting heard there was a petition from Hovefields official traveller site, in Courtauld Road, but few other objections"

Perhaps when the "Travellers" start paying their dues and contributing to society then they might be entitled to object to this.

Seeing as there's very little in the way of homes in this area I think it's an ideal place to put it.
"Perhaps when Travellers start paying their dues and contributing to society then they might be entitled to object to this"

Do you have evidence to what you allege or is this the usual Daily Mail rubbish and bilge you sprout?

Are you suggesting that some people in the country do not have the same rights as the rest of society?
[quote][p][bold]Russ13[/bold] wrote: "The meeting heard there was a petition from Hovefields official traveller site, in Courtauld Road, but few other objections" Perhaps when the "Travellers" start paying their dues and contributing to society then they might be entitled to object to this. Seeing as there's very little in the way of homes in this area I think it's an ideal place to put it.[/p][/quote]"Perhaps when Travellers start paying their dues and contributing to society then they might be entitled to object to this" Do you have evidence to what you allege or is this the usual Daily Mail rubbish and bilge you sprout? Are you suggesting that some people in the country do not have the same rights as the rest of society? E-Types.

6:31pm Tue 31 Jul 12

E-Types. says...

SpaffSpiff84 wrote:
outrageous, you cant build a waste plant next to a traveller site! its not fair on the waste plant
What a retarded personality you disclose every time you post.
[quote][p][bold]SpaffSpiff84[/bold] wrote: outrageous, you cant build a waste plant next to a traveller site! its not fair on the waste plant[/p][/quote]What a retarded personality you disclose every time you post. E-Types.

7:30pm Tue 31 Jul 12

mcrosby78 says...

I'm amazed to see a 100% approval rate for this waste plant so far! Doesn't anyone think it's a bad idea? (I'm all for it myself)
I'm amazed to see a 100% approval rate for this waste plant so far! Doesn't anyone think it's a bad idea? (I'm all for it myself) mcrosby78

7:42pm Tue 31 Jul 12

E-Types. says...

Fish and Chips...
Barcadi and Coke...
Politicians and Corruption...
Basildon and Rubbish
Fish and Chips... Barcadi and Coke... Politicians and Corruption... Basildon and Rubbish E-Types.

8:05pm Tue 31 Jul 12

SpaffSpiff84 says...

Travellers and Crime...
Travellers and Crime... SpaffSpiff84

8:07pm Tue 31 Jul 12

E-Types. says...

SpaffSpiff84 wrote:
Travellers and Crime...
Echo and Racists
[quote][p][bold]SpaffSpiff84[/bold] wrote: Travellers and Crime...[/p][/quote]Echo and Racists E-Types.

10:39pm Tue 31 Jul 12

fearsiuil says...

From the Echo

3rd August 2009 :

" Malcolm Buckley, Basildon Council cabinet member for environment, said under the new bid the plant would actually handle less waste because of improved recycling rates across Essex.

However, the change appears to show the county council’s waste strategy in a state of disarray, with district council chiefs not fully aware of what’s happening.

Mr Buckley admitted he has yet to read the business case and did not know what detail, if any, it contained about recycling. It is also not clear how County Hall plans to boost recycling levels.

He said: “I have been assured by Lord Hanningfield and cabinet member for waste, Tracey Chapman, there will be no recycling at Courtauld Road.”
From the Echo 3rd August 2009 : " Malcolm Buckley, Basildon Council cabinet member for environment, said under the new bid the plant would actually handle less waste because of improved recycling rates across Essex. However, the change appears to show the county council’s waste strategy in a state of disarray, with district council chiefs not fully aware of what’s happening. Mr Buckley admitted he has yet to read the business case and did not know what detail, if any, it contained about recycling. It is also not clear how County Hall plans to boost recycling levels. He said: “I have been assured by Lord Hanningfield and cabinet member for waste, Tracey Chapman, there will be no recycling at Courtauld Road.” fearsiuil

10:47pm Tue 31 Jul 12

E-Types. says...

Lord Hanningfield...well that explains a lot.
Lord Hanningfield...well that explains a lot. E-Types.

10:56pm Tue 31 Jul 12

mcrosby78 says...

E-Types. wrote:
SpaffSpiff84 wrote:
Travellers and Crime...
Echo and Racists
Travellers are not an ethnic group, so it's not racist to hate them, just as it's not racist to hate all the crime caused by the travellers.
[quote][p][bold]E-Types.[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]SpaffSpiff84[/bold] wrote: Travellers and Crime...[/p][/quote]Echo and Racists[/p][/quote]Travellers are not an ethnic group, so it's not racist to hate them, just as it's not racist to hate all the crime caused by the travellers. mcrosby78

12:05am Wed 1 Aug 12

Dan_ says...

On the subject of spelling, maybe the echo also do a trade in road signs? As we have just had notices put by the road side to say that 'neverden' road will be shut for two days for resurfacing. I will have to ring the council tomorrow and find out where neverden road is tomorrow and let them know they've accidentally put them up at nevendon road! I hope their civil engineering is better than their spelling! Idiots.
On the subject of spelling, maybe the echo also do a trade in road signs? As we have just had notices put by the road side to say that 'neverden' road will be shut for two days for resurfacing. I will have to ring the council tomorrow and find out where neverden road is tomorrow and let them know they've accidentally put them up at nevendon road! I hope their civil engineering is better than their spelling! Idiots. Dan_

10:29am Wed 1 Aug 12

The Cater Wood Creeper says...

at least all that natural habitat that was bulldozed and flattened out of existence on the site in Courtauld Road more than two years ago won't have been systematically destroyed for nothing then.....
at least all that natural habitat that was bulldozed and flattened out of existence on the site in Courtauld Road more than two years ago won't have been systematically destroyed for nothing then..... The Cater Wood Creeper

4:42pm Wed 1 Aug 12

E-Types. says...

mcrosby78 wrote:
E-Types. wrote:
SpaffSpiff84 wrote:
Travellers and Crime...
Echo and Racists
Travellers are not an ethnic group, so it's not racist to hate them, just as it's not racist to hate all the crime caused by the travellers.
" Travellers are not an ethnic group, so it's not racist to hate them"

What a very strange comment?

Is it your logic that because are not a EM its okay to hate them but if they are it isn't?

But regardless your ignorance is on display here, Travellers are indeed recognised as an ethnic minority.

Crime doesn't have a race, culture or even a colour... all communities are guilty of crime from serious to petty. So its not racist to hate crime.
[quote][p][bold]mcrosby78[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]E-Types.[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]SpaffSpiff84[/bold] wrote: Travellers and Crime...[/p][/quote]Echo and Racists[/p][/quote]Travellers are not an ethnic group, so it's not racist to hate them, just as it's not racist to hate all the crime caused by the travellers.[/p][/quote]" Travellers are not an ethnic group, so it's not racist to hate them" What a very strange comment? Is it your logic that because are not a EM its okay to hate them but if they are it isn't? But regardless your ignorance is on display here, Travellers are indeed recognised as an ethnic minority. Crime doesn't have a race, culture or even a colour... all communities are guilty of crime from serious to petty. So its not racist to hate crime. E-Types.

6:57pm Wed 1 Aug 12

green green grass of home says...

http://ltgdc.org.uk/
planning/planning-co
mmittee-membership/

Alan Clark the go between for Nottinghamshire council and Basildon Council on the purchase of land at Bowers Gifford it has many finger prints all over it its time the truth came out

We have a **** council so its fitting the word **** is invovled in this story.
http://ltgdc.org.uk/ planning/planning-co mmittee-membership/ Alan Clark the go between for Nottinghamshire council and Basildon Council on the purchase of land at Bowers Gifford it has many finger prints all over it its time the truth came out We have a **** council so its fitting the word **** is invovled in this story. green green grass of home

5:38pm Thu 2 Aug 12

fearsiuil says...

Even if we accept reports made by this paper as being "factual",
( something I'd imagine most sensible people don't do),

we can clearly see that the rulers and councillors in the general Basildon area
are NOT to be trusted.

One thing that is ever consistent on the comments pages of this paper, however, is
the fact that you can bet your life that
the
hate-filled and nasty anti-traveller commentators
will be out in force.

As I said last year, it's almost as if these people work for the paper, or, at least, pick up a bit of pin-money
by posting their same old
bile, that seems designed to support the party-line
by scapegoating Travellers, while attempting to divert attention away from the
misdemeanors of the highly-paid bureaucrats at the council.

The sad thing is, it probably works!
Even if we accept reports made by this paper as being "factual", ( something I'd imagine most sensible people don't do), we can clearly see that the rulers and councillors in the general Basildon area are NOT to be trusted. One thing that is ever consistent on the comments pages of this paper, however, is the fact that you can bet your life that the hate-filled and nasty anti-traveller commentators will be out in force. As I said last year, it's almost as if these people work for the paper, or, at least, pick up a bit of pin-money by posting their same old bile, that seems designed to support the party-line by scapegoating Travellers, while attempting to divert attention away from the misdemeanors of the highly-paid bureaucrats at the council. The sad thing is, it probably works! fearsiuil

9:34pm Thu 2 Aug 12

E-Types. says...

fearsiuil wrote:
Even if we accept reports made by this paper as being "factual",
( something I'd imagine most sensible people don't do),

we can clearly see that the rulers and councillors in the general Basildon area
are NOT to be trusted.

One thing that is ever consistent on the comments pages of this paper, however, is
the fact that you can bet your life that
the
hate-filled and nasty anti-traveller commentators
will be out in force.

As I said last year, it's almost as if these people work for the paper, or, at least, pick up a bit of pin-money
by posting their same old
bile, that seems designed to support the party-line
by scapegoating Travellers, while attempting to divert attention away from the
misdemeanors of the highly-paid bureaucrats at the council.

The sad thing is, it probably works!
It works because many people dont look into themselves and see what is within! They follow like sheep all they are fed by the mass media instead of analysing things with an open mind.

One example of this is "Travellers dont pay tax" Many intelligent people swallow this myth without really thinking about it. Why would the HM Revenue & Customs ignore Travellers avoiding tax? They often without warning raid sites and check all documents for tax and vat etc. If they find anything untoward they would confiscate cars vans tools etc, which would take away the livelihood of the people, who would risk that? Its just not worth it.
But if the tax people were to, say, raid a cul-de-sac in Southend and demand to see the documents of the people living there how would the people and indeed the country respond to that? Random street raids by The tax man, perhaps they should be the norm for all.

Also the "they dont have car tax or insurance" The only way this would be the case is if the police are in on the deal! with all the computer equipment they have on aboard their cars and cameras they will know who has what or not. Travellers lease their Vans, cars, caravans and within that all tax and insurance is paid but of course that doesn't stop those who believe myths from parroting such with out a thought.

The council via this paper have played off the peoples gullibility and prejudice against Travellers to set up DF for eviction... by doing this they can say when they start, as they have, allowing GB to be developed "but we cleared Travellers off GB land which proves we only allow building on it when we have to" Its a politicians trick defend against what you know your going to be in favour of at a later date.

We all knew there was a waste site coming to the area, it was earmarked for DF but the continuing resistance and the matter of landfill on the site which includes asbestos put an end to that plan.

If people can get their heads around their prejudice and look into things they might be surprised what they find.
[quote][p][bold]fearsiuil[/bold] wrote: Even if we accept reports made by this paper as being "factual", ( something I'd imagine most sensible people don't do), we can clearly see that the rulers and councillors in the general Basildon area are NOT to be trusted. One thing that is ever consistent on the comments pages of this paper, however, is the fact that you can bet your life that the hate-filled and nasty anti-traveller commentators will be out in force. As I said last year, it's almost as if these people work for the paper, or, at least, pick up a bit of pin-money by posting their same old bile, that seems designed to support the party-line by scapegoating Travellers, while attempting to divert attention away from the misdemeanors of the highly-paid bureaucrats at the council. The sad thing is, it probably works![/p][/quote]It works because many people dont look into themselves and see what is within! They follow like sheep all they are fed by the mass media instead of analysing things with an open mind. One example of this is "Travellers dont pay tax" Many intelligent people swallow this myth without really thinking about it. Why would the HM Revenue & Customs ignore Travellers avoiding tax? They often without warning raid sites and check all documents for tax and vat etc. If they find anything untoward they would confiscate cars vans tools etc, which would take away the livelihood of the people, who would risk that? Its just not worth it. But if the tax people were to, say, raid a cul-de-sac in Southend and demand to see the documents of the people living there how would the people and indeed the country respond to that? Random street raids by The tax man, perhaps they should be the norm for all. Also the "they dont have car tax or insurance" The only way this would be the case is if the police are in on the deal! with all the computer equipment they have on aboard their cars and cameras they will know who has what or not. Travellers lease their Vans, cars, caravans and within that all tax and insurance is paid but of course that doesn't stop those who believe myths from parroting such with out a thought. The council via this paper have played off the peoples gullibility and prejudice against Travellers to set up DF for eviction... by doing this they can say when they start, as they have, allowing GB to be developed "but we cleared Travellers off GB land which proves we only allow building on it when we have to" Its a politicians trick defend against what you know your going to be in favour of at a later date. We all knew there was a waste site coming to the area, it was earmarked for DF but the continuing resistance and the matter of landfill on the site which includes asbestos put an end to that plan. If people can get their heads around their prejudice and look into things they might be surprised what they find. E-Types.

6:49am Fri 3 Aug 12

shallotman says...

Once they had re-sited the sewage overflow site north of the A127, planning was a forgone conclusion.
Once they had re-sited the sewage overflow site north of the A127, planning was a forgone conclusion. shallotman

12:07pm Fri 3 Aug 12

SpaffSpiff84 says...

@fearsiuil, take your head out of your backside. your arrogance is amazing, you joke (i hope) that the anti-"traveller" commenters are paid to make such comments, i can assure you nobody needs any encouragement to make comments against them. the "travelling" community do more than enough to warrant that kind of hostility all by themselves, coupled with the complete lack of ability to ever take responsibility for their own actions which you so marvelously display right there. im beggining to think maybe your intelligence is at such a low level you literally cant comprehend concepts like right or wrong. people that call themselves "travellers" who say they cant live in bricks & mortar yet refuse to travel and build homes made from bricks & mortar. i would love to take my family and just rock up in some picturesque village and live tax free but i cant because of this thing called "the law", so i object to picking up the tab for those who ignore that and make a point of buying green belt land and building their own mini village on it all the while crying its racism to expect them to abide by the laws the rest of us have to, then still try and blame others, "oh its the locals" "oh its the council" "oh its the government" no, its you!
@fearsiuil, take your head out of your backside. your arrogance is amazing, you joke (i hope) that the anti-"traveller" commenters are paid to make such comments, i can assure you nobody needs any encouragement to make comments against them. the "travelling" community do more than enough to warrant that kind of hostility all by themselves, coupled with the complete lack of ability to ever take responsibility for their own actions which you so marvelously display right there. im beggining to think maybe your intelligence is at such a low level you literally cant comprehend concepts like right or wrong. people that call themselves "travellers" who say they cant live in bricks & mortar yet refuse to travel and build homes made from bricks & mortar. i would love to take my family and just rock up in some picturesque village and live tax free but i cant because of this thing called "the law", so i object to picking up the tab for those who ignore that and make a point of buying green belt land and building their own mini village on it all the while crying its racism to expect them to abide by the laws the rest of us have to, then still try and blame others, "oh its the locals" "oh its the council" "oh its the government" no, its you! SpaffSpiff84

12:12pm Fri 3 Aug 12

EthanEdwards says...

E-Types. wrote:
Russ13 wrote: "The meeting heard there was a petition from Hovefields official traveller site, in Courtauld Road, but few other objections" Perhaps when the "Travellers" start paying their dues and contributing to society then they might be entitled to object to this. Seeing as there's very little in the way of homes in this area I think it's an ideal place to put it.
"Perhaps when Travellers start paying their dues and contributing to society then they might be entitled to object to this" Do you have evidence to what you allege or is this the usual Daily Mail rubbish and bilge you sprout? Are you suggesting that some people in the country do not have the same rights as the rest of society?
Why yes I do have all the evidence right here.

Do you want a list off all travellers NI numbers and a summary of all the tax they paid from 2001 to date?
How would you like this list, alphabetical or by descending order of tax paid? Excel ok for you or would you like a CSV file.

Post your Email address here and I'll send you all their secret confidential tax records. Easily done, it's a service I tell you.

Or perhaps you should think about exactly what your asking for before committing yourself to print my man.

Incidentaly if education is suddenly so important all of a sudden to Mincy et al. Then why is it (in a recent TV programme) it turned out that Traveller young ladies mostly aged 16 plus. Appear to have the educational level of 'five year old settled people'? With the one honourable exception, but she was an English Traveller.

Finally Stuart Hyphen - Carruthers. working pro bono? or sucking down yet more legal aid.
I expect its the latter. Don't you lot have any regard to the genuine poor who might actually have a REAL need for legal aid? Your taking funds away from the genuinely needy. For shame.
[quote][p][bold]E-Types.[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Russ13[/bold] wrote: "The meeting heard there was a petition from Hovefields official traveller site, in Courtauld Road, but few other objections" Perhaps when the "Travellers" start paying their dues and contributing to society then they might be entitled to object to this. Seeing as there's very little in the way of homes in this area I think it's an ideal place to put it.[/p][/quote]"Perhaps when Travellers start paying their dues and contributing to society then they might be entitled to object to this" Do you have evidence to what you allege or is this the usual Daily Mail rubbish and bilge you sprout? Are you suggesting that some people in the country do not have the same rights as the rest of society?[/p][/quote]Why yes I do have all the evidence right here. Do you want a list off all travellers NI numbers and a summary of all the tax they paid from 2001 to date? How would you like this list, alphabetical or by descending order of tax paid? Excel ok for you or would you like a CSV file. Post your Email address here and I'll send you all their secret confidential tax records. Easily done, it's a service I tell you. Or perhaps you should think about exactly what your asking for before committing yourself to print my man. Incidentaly if education is suddenly so important all of a sudden to Mincy et al. Then why is it (in a recent TV programme) it turned out that Traveller young ladies mostly aged 16 plus. Appear to have the educational level of 'five year old settled people'? With the one honourable exception, but she was an English Traveller. Finally Stuart Hyphen - Carruthers. working pro bono? or sucking down yet more legal aid. I expect its the latter. Don't you lot have any regard to the genuine poor who might actually have a REAL need for legal aid? Your taking funds away from the genuinely needy. For shame. EthanEdwards

4:15pm Fri 3 Aug 12

E-Types. says...

SpaffSpiff84 wrote:
@fearsiuil, take your head out of your backside. your arrogance is amazing, you joke (i hope) that the anti-"traveller
" commenters are paid to make such comments, i can assure you nobody needs any encouragement to make comments against them. the "travelling" community do more than enough to warrant that kind of hostility all by themselves, coupled with the complete lack of ability to ever take responsibility for their own actions which you so marvelously display right there. im beggining to think maybe your intelligence is at such a low level you literally cant comprehend concepts like right or wrong. people that call themselves "travellers" who say they cant live in bricks & mortar yet refuse to travel and build homes made from bricks & mortar. i would love to take my family and just rock up in some picturesque village and live tax free but i cant because of this thing called "the law", so i object to picking up the tab for those who ignore that and make a point of buying green belt land and building their own mini village on it all the while crying its racism to expect them to abide by the laws the rest of us have to, then still try and blame others, "oh its the locals" "oh its the council" "oh its the government" no, its you!
" do more than enough to warrant that kind of hostility all by themselves"

Im sure there are a small minority like you who say the same thing about Black/Asian/Gay people. It doesn't make it a fact though does it? its just the narrow minded comments of the evolutionally challenged.

" the complete lack of ability to ever take responsibility for their own actions"

Can you comprehend how that comment is complete nonsense?

You state this about 360,000 people! Yet you see nothing wrong in that.

Doesn't that impart a lot of information about you? Im sure a psychologist would have a field day which such comments.

Im afraid you are one of the last and least people on here to consider anyones intelligence level, your own is suspect only in how low it might actually be.

Can you back up your statement that i do not perceive a difference between right or wrong? Or is this just more of your low level thinking?

The epithet 'Traveller" is the name given by society... it isn't a name chosen by the people, but for the sake of idiots like yourself and others it is a name referred to rather than explain the real name of the people in question.

The 'brick and mortar' comment often used is referred to as an "aversion" a bit different than "cant"

There are not many 'Travellers' who have built brick homes, but even if there were are they not allowed to do so?

How do Travellers live tax free? can you explain or will you now ignore this because its shows you propagate the old stereotypical myths about Travellers with no knowledge or understanding of what you say?

Can you say which law stops you from moving with your family to where you like?

What tab are you picking up? Can you specify?

Was the land entitled to be considered GB after it was used as a scrap yard, was it more likely to have been brownfield...this slight of hand by the council will come back to haunt them when they allow GB land to be used for commercial reasons and when that ends try to re-designate it as brownfield, people will be able to challenge that by pointing out how DF was still considered GB although used for commercial purposes.

The planning acts isn't law wake up that fool! The land of the land is common law and by common law the people of DF should still be there.

Ypu show yourself by your comments, you have no understanding of most thats going on in regards to Travellers but of course that wont stop you from posting your 'ideas'
[quote][p][bold]SpaffSpiff84[/bold] wrote: @fearsiuil, take your head out of your backside. your arrogance is amazing, you joke (i hope) that the anti-"traveller " commenters are paid to make such comments, i can assure you nobody needs any encouragement to make comments against them. the "travelling" community do more than enough to warrant that kind of hostility all by themselves, coupled with the complete lack of ability to ever take responsibility for their own actions which you so marvelously display right there. im beggining to think maybe your intelligence is at such a low level you literally cant comprehend concepts like right or wrong. people that call themselves "travellers" who say they cant live in bricks & mortar yet refuse to travel and build homes made from bricks & mortar. i would love to take my family and just rock up in some picturesque village and live tax free but i cant because of this thing called "the law", so i object to picking up the tab for those who ignore that and make a point of buying green belt land and building their own mini village on it all the while crying its racism to expect them to abide by the laws the rest of us have to, then still try and blame others, "oh its the locals" "oh its the council" "oh its the government" no, its you![/p][/quote]" do more than enough to warrant that kind of hostility all by themselves" Im sure there are a small minority like you who say the same thing about Black/Asian/Gay people. It doesn't make it a fact though does it? its just the narrow minded comments of the evolutionally challenged. " the complete lack of ability to ever take responsibility for their own actions" Can you comprehend how that comment is complete nonsense? You state this about 360,000 people! Yet you see nothing wrong in that. Doesn't that impart a lot of information about you? Im sure a psychologist would have a field day which such comments. Im afraid you are one of the last and least people on here to consider anyones intelligence level, your own is suspect only in how low it might actually be. Can you back up your statement that i do not perceive a difference between right or wrong? Or is this just more of your low level thinking? The epithet 'Traveller" is the name given by society... it isn't a name chosen by the people, but for the sake of idiots like yourself and others it is a name referred to rather than explain the real name of the people in question. The 'brick and mortar' comment often used is referred to as an "aversion" a bit different than "cant" There are not many 'Travellers' who have built brick homes, but even if there were are they not allowed to do so? How do Travellers live tax free? can you explain or will you now ignore this because its shows you propagate the old stereotypical myths about Travellers with no knowledge or understanding of what you say? Can you say which law stops you from moving with your family to where you like? What tab are you picking up? Can you specify? Was the land entitled to be considered GB after it was used as a scrap yard, was it more likely to have been brownfield...this slight of hand by the council will come back to haunt them when they allow GB land to be used for commercial reasons and when that ends try to re-designate it as brownfield, people will be able to challenge that by pointing out how DF was still considered GB although used for commercial purposes. The planning acts isn't law wake up that fool! The land of the land is common law and by common law the people of DF should still be there. Ypu show yourself by your comments, you have no understanding of most thats going on in regards to Travellers but of course that wont stop you from posting your 'ideas' E-Types.

4:58pm Fri 3 Aug 12

The Cater Wood Creeper says...

bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz! repetition!
bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz! repetition! The Cater Wood Creeper

5:54pm Fri 3 Aug 12

CALL ME CLINT says...

@E-Types (Mincer) who earlier wrote to Russ13:
"Are you suggesting that some people in the country do not have the same rights as the rest of society?"

I think a more appropriate question might be asked of yourself and it is this:

"Are you suggesting that some people in the country should have less regard for their responsibilities to society in general than others?"

With the Traveller community in Basildon it seems to be all about rights and next to nothing about responsibilities.
@E-Types (Mincer) who earlier wrote to Russ13: "Are you suggesting that some people in the country do not have the same rights as the rest of society?" I think a more appropriate question might be asked of yourself and it is this: "Are you suggesting that some people in the country should have less regard for their responsibilities to society in general than others?" With the Traveller community in Basildon it seems to be all about rights and next to nothing about responsibilities. CALL ME CLINT

5:54pm Fri 3 Aug 12

whataday says...

Will the stink that makes you gag when you're driving past Nevendon on the A127 be worse. If it is there'll be loads of crashes cos of people vomiting while they're driving past there
How can they warrant building this where there is a food superstore next to it and residential areas there at Nevendon (Sainsbury's side) and Felmores area of Pitsea??????
Will the stink that makes you gag when you're driving past Nevendon on the A127 be worse. If it is there'll be loads of crashes cos of people vomiting while they're driving past there How can they warrant building this where there is a food superstore next to it and residential areas there at Nevendon (Sainsbury's side) and Felmores area of Pitsea?????? whataday

6:04pm Fri 3 Aug 12

E-Types. says...

The Cater Wood Creeper wrote:
bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz! repetition!
Then dont read it...Duh!
[quote][p][bold]The Cater Wood Creeper[/bold] wrote: bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz! repetition![/p][/quote]Then dont read it...Duh! E-Types.

6:33pm Fri 3 Aug 12

E-Types. says...

EthanEdwards wrote:
E-Types. wrote:
Russ13 wrote: "The meeting heard there was a petition from Hovefields official traveller site, in Courtauld Road, but few other objections" Perhaps when the "Travellers" start paying their dues and contributing to society then they might be entitled to object to this. Seeing as there's very little in the way of homes in this area I think it's an ideal place to put it.
"Perhaps when Travellers start paying their dues and contributing to society then they might be entitled to object to this" Do you have evidence to what you allege or is this the usual Daily Mail rubbish and bilge you sprout? Are you suggesting that some people in the country do not have the same rights as the rest of society?
Why yes I do have all the evidence right here.

Do you want a list off all travellers NI numbers and a summary of all the tax they paid from 2001 to date?
How would you like this list, alphabetical or by descending order of tax paid? Excel ok for you or would you like a CSV file.

Post your Email address here and I'll send you all their secret confidential tax records. Easily done, it's a service I tell you.

Or perhaps you should think about exactly what your asking for before committing yourself to print my man.

Incidentaly if education is suddenly so important all of a sudden to Mincy et al. Then why is it (in a recent TV programme) it turned out that Traveller young ladies mostly aged 16 plus. Appear to have the educational level of 'five year old settled people'? With the one honourable exception, but she was an English Traveller.

Finally Stuart Hyphen - Carruthers. working pro bono? or sucking down yet more legal aid.
I expect its the latter. Don't you lot have any regard to the genuine poor who might actually have a REAL need for legal aid? Your taking funds away from the genuinely needy. For shame.
You have all the personal information of the 360,000 Travellers in the country? What are you MI5? I bet you like to think you are dont you? LOL " My name is Bum, James Bum, licence to Bull****"

But if you have the evidence then throw it up no need for swopping emails...

Btw do you have all the details of those who avoid tax and who are not Travellers? Now that would be of more worth to you one would think.

This claim by you has the taint of fantasy about it, Mittyesque!
As far as i can ascertain there isn't and has never been a pro-Traveller using the name "Mincy" The fact you post as if there was might cause some to view your posts rather critically or indeed confine them to the BS bin.

It can be said the programe mentioned that the girl(s) in question had a lack of education but of course that wasn't all the girls on the show, one Traveller girl had indeed finished school and had exam qualifications. The point here being dont take one or two examples and think it covers all. A Traveller is a Traveller no matter what community they come from isn't that the same with a Liverpool person and a birmingham person? The fact you try to divide to get your ugly message across really does label you. Quite sickening.

Im sure a person who has all the personal tax details of over a quarter of a million people will know who is providing pro bono help and who isn't.

legal aid is granted when certain criteria is satisfied, people who have it have passed the criteria need or would you have it that either there is no legal aid for anyone or only certain people from certain communities can apply and be granted it? Just what are you prattling on about?

You suspect something and then continue to your hateful conclusion as if what you surmised is a nailed down fact, you are pathetically easy to unpick.

Come back with your evidence and not your putrid prejudice.



There is a big focus now on getting Traveller kids not only into school but keeping them there, to effect this the bullying of Travelling children will have to be addressed and hopefully this will and is taking place. The new anti-bullying legislation will be of some worth to children facing such.
[quote][p][bold]EthanEdwards[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]E-Types.[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Russ13[/bold] wrote: "The meeting heard there was a petition from Hovefields official traveller site, in Courtauld Road, but few other objections" Perhaps when the "Travellers" start paying their dues and contributing to society then they might be entitled to object to this. Seeing as there's very little in the way of homes in this area I think it's an ideal place to put it.[/p][/quote]"Perhaps when Travellers start paying their dues and contributing to society then they might be entitled to object to this" Do you have evidence to what you allege or is this the usual Daily Mail rubbish and bilge you sprout? Are you suggesting that some people in the country do not have the same rights as the rest of society?[/p][/quote]Why yes I do have all the evidence right here. Do you want a list off all travellers NI numbers and a summary of all the tax they paid from 2001 to date? How would you like this list, alphabetical or by descending order of tax paid? Excel ok for you or would you like a CSV file. Post your Email address here and I'll send you all their secret confidential tax records. Easily done, it's a service I tell you. Or perhaps you should think about exactly what your asking for before committing yourself to print my man. Incidentaly if education is suddenly so important all of a sudden to Mincy et al. Then why is it (in a recent TV programme) it turned out that Traveller young ladies mostly aged 16 plus. Appear to have the educational level of 'five year old settled people'? With the one honourable exception, but she was an English Traveller. Finally Stuart Hyphen - Carruthers. working pro bono? or sucking down yet more legal aid. I expect its the latter. Don't you lot have any regard to the genuine poor who might actually have a REAL need for legal aid? Your taking funds away from the genuinely needy. For shame.[/p][/quote]You have all the personal information of the 360,000 Travellers in the country? What are you MI5? I bet you like to think you are dont you? LOL " My name is Bum, James Bum, licence to Bull****" But if you have the evidence then throw it up no need for swopping emails... Btw do you have all the details of those who avoid tax and who are not Travellers? Now that would be of more worth to you one would think. This claim by you has the taint of fantasy about it, Mittyesque! As far as i can ascertain there isn't and has never been a pro-Traveller using the name "Mincy" The fact you post as if there was might cause some to view your posts rather critically or indeed confine them to the BS bin. It can be said the programe mentioned that the girl(s) in question had a lack of education but of course that wasn't all the girls on the show, one Traveller girl had indeed finished school and had exam qualifications. The point here being dont take one or two examples and think it covers all. A Traveller is a Traveller no matter what community they come from isn't that the same with a Liverpool person and a birmingham person? The fact you try to divide to get your ugly message across really does label you. Quite sickening. Im sure a person who has all the personal tax details of over a quarter of a million people will know who is providing pro bono help and who isn't. legal aid is granted when certain criteria is satisfied, people who have it have passed the criteria need or would you have it that either there is no legal aid for anyone or only certain people from certain communities can apply and be granted it? Just what are you prattling on about? You suspect something and then continue to your hateful conclusion as if what you surmised is a nailed down fact, you are pathetically easy to unpick. Come back with your evidence and not your putrid prejudice. There is a big focus now on getting Traveller kids not only into school but keeping them there, to effect this the bullying of Travelling children will have to be addressed and hopefully this will and is taking place. The new anti-bullying legislation will be of some worth to children facing such. E-Types.

6:42pm Fri 3 Aug 12

E-Types. says...

CALL ME CLINT wrote:
@E-Types (Mincer) who earlier wrote to Russ13:
"Are you suggesting that some people in the country do not have the same rights as the rest of society?"

I think a more appropriate question might be asked of yourself and it is this:

"Are you suggesting that some people in the country should have less regard for their responsibilities to society in general than others?"

With the Traveller community in Basildon it seems to be all about rights and next to nothing about responsibilities.
" Are you suggesting that some people in the country should have less regard for their responsibilities to society in general than others"

Perhaps that's a question you can ask of the MP you voted for in the last election. You voted him/her in to do just what you mentioned.

But of course YOU dont take responsibility for the actions of the person you put in place to speak for you do you? So maybe you need to also ask the question of yourself.

"What seems" is often not "What is" remember that the next time you vote.

Btw i have never used the additional name you assigned to me.
[quote][p][bold]CALL ME CLINT[/bold] wrote: @E-Types (Mincer) who earlier wrote to Russ13: "Are you suggesting that some people in the country do not have the same rights as the rest of society?" I think a more appropriate question might be asked of yourself and it is this: "Are you suggesting that some people in the country should have less regard for their responsibilities to society in general than others?" With the Traveller community in Basildon it seems to be all about rights and next to nothing about responsibilities.[/p][/quote]" Are you suggesting that some people in the country should have less regard for their responsibilities to society in general than others" Perhaps that's a question you can ask of the MP you voted for in the last election. You voted him/her in to do just what you mentioned. But of course YOU dont take responsibility for the actions of the person you put in place to speak for you do you? So maybe you need to also ask the question of yourself. "What seems" is often not "What is" remember that the next time you vote. Btw i have never used the additional name you assigned to me. E-Types.

6:54pm Fri 3 Aug 12

Gina the weaner says...

E-Types. wrote:
EthanEdwards wrote:
E-Types. wrote:
Russ13 wrote: "The meeting heard there was a petition from Hovefields official traveller site, in Courtauld Road, but few other objections" Perhaps when the "Travellers" start paying their dues and contributing to society then they might be entitled to object to this. Seeing as there's very little in the way of homes in this area I think it's an ideal place to put it.
"Perhaps when Travellers start paying their dues and contributing to society then they might be entitled to object to this" Do you have evidence to what you allege or is this the usual Daily Mail rubbish and bilge you sprout? Are you suggesting that some people in the country do not have the same rights as the rest of society?
Why yes I do have all the evidence right here.

Do you want a list off all travellers NI numbers and a summary of all the tax they paid from 2001 to date?
How would you like this list, alphabetical or by descending order of tax paid? Excel ok for you or would you like a CSV file.

Post your Email address here and I'll send you all their secret confidential tax records. Easily done, it's a service I tell you.

Or perhaps you should think about exactly what your asking for before committing yourself to print my man.

Incidentaly if education is suddenly so important all of a sudden to Mincy et al. Then why is it (in a recent TV programme) it turned out that Traveller young ladies mostly aged 16 plus. Appear to have the educational level of 'five year old settled people'? With the one honourable exception, but she was an English Traveller.

Finally Stuart Hyphen - Carruthers. working pro bono? or sucking down yet more legal aid.
I expect its the latter. Don't you lot have any regard to the genuine poor who might actually have a REAL need for legal aid? Your taking funds away from the genuinely needy. For shame.
You have all the personal information of the 360,000 Travellers in the country? What are you MI5? I bet you like to think you are dont you? LOL " My name is Bum, James Bum, licence to Bull****"

But if you have the evidence then throw it up no need for swopping emails...

Btw do you have all the details of those who avoid tax and who are not Travellers? Now that would be of more worth to you one would think.

This claim by you has the taint of fantasy about it, Mittyesque!
As far as i can ascertain there isn't and has never been a pro-Traveller using the name "Mincy" The fact you post as if there was might cause some to view your posts rather critically or indeed confine them to the BS bin.

It can be said the programe mentioned that the girl(s) in question had a lack of education but of course that wasn't all the girls on the show, one Traveller girl had indeed finished school and had exam qualifications. The point here being dont take one or two examples and think it covers all. A Traveller is a Traveller no matter what community they come from isn't that the same with a Liverpool person and a birmingham person? The fact you try to divide to get your ugly message across really does label you. Quite sickening.

Im sure a person who has all the personal tax details of over a quarter of a million people will know who is providing pro bono help and who isn't.

legal aid is granted when certain criteria is satisfied, people who have it have passed the criteria need or would you have it that either there is no legal aid for anyone or only certain people from certain communities can apply and be granted it? Just what are you prattling on about?

You suspect something and then continue to your hateful conclusion as if what you surmised is a nailed down fact, you are pathetically easy to unpick.

Come back with your evidence and not your putrid prejudice.



There is a big focus now on getting Traveller kids not only into school but keeping them there, to effect this the bullying of Travelling children will have to be addressed and hopefully this will and is taking place. The new anti-bullying legislation will be of some worth to children facing such.
Very interesting that you state there are 360k travellers in this country. On what basis to you present this figure? I seem to recall you once stating that the numbers could never be ascertained due to a natural reluctance on the part of travellers to participate in anything that sounds like or could be interpreted as official head counting.

The bullying of any child attending school must be condemned. There can be no special cases bullying is simply wrong.

Were you bullied at school dear? Is this the underlying cause of your desire to inflict your views on readers of these comments sections in a way that nobody else finds necessary? Well, if that is the case I'm sorry that you had trouble in your formative years but you won't frighten many by your illogical and unconvincing rantings in your (supposed) adulthood.
[quote][p][bold]E-Types.[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]EthanEdwards[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]E-Types.[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Russ13[/bold] wrote: "The meeting heard there was a petition from Hovefields official traveller site, in Courtauld Road, but few other objections" Perhaps when the "Travellers" start paying their dues and contributing to society then they might be entitled to object to this. Seeing as there's very little in the way of homes in this area I think it's an ideal place to put it.[/p][/quote]"Perhaps when Travellers start paying their dues and contributing to society then they might be entitled to object to this" Do you have evidence to what you allege or is this the usual Daily Mail rubbish and bilge you sprout? Are you suggesting that some people in the country do not have the same rights as the rest of society?[/p][/quote]Why yes I do have all the evidence right here. Do you want a list off all travellers NI numbers and a summary of all the tax they paid from 2001 to date? How would you like this list, alphabetical or by descending order of tax paid? Excel ok for you or would you like a CSV file. Post your Email address here and I'll send you all their secret confidential tax records. Easily done, it's a service I tell you. Or perhaps you should think about exactly what your asking for before committing yourself to print my man. Incidentaly if education is suddenly so important all of a sudden to Mincy et al. Then why is it (in a recent TV programme) it turned out that Traveller young ladies mostly aged 16 plus. Appear to have the educational level of 'five year old settled people'? With the one honourable exception, but she was an English Traveller. Finally Stuart Hyphen - Carruthers. working pro bono? or sucking down yet more legal aid. I expect its the latter. Don't you lot have any regard to the genuine poor who might actually have a REAL need for legal aid? Your taking funds away from the genuinely needy. For shame.[/p][/quote]You have all the personal information of the 360,000 Travellers in the country? What are you MI5? I bet you like to think you are dont you? LOL " My name is Bum, James Bum, licence to Bull****" But if you have the evidence then throw it up no need for swopping emails... Btw do you have all the details of those who avoid tax and who are not Travellers? Now that would be of more worth to you one would think. This claim by you has the taint of fantasy about it, Mittyesque! As far as i can ascertain there isn't and has never been a pro-Traveller using the name "Mincy" The fact you post as if there was might cause some to view your posts rather critically or indeed confine them to the BS bin. It can be said the programe mentioned that the girl(s) in question had a lack of education but of course that wasn't all the girls on the show, one Traveller girl had indeed finished school and had exam qualifications. The point here being dont take one or two examples and think it covers all. A Traveller is a Traveller no matter what community they come from isn't that the same with a Liverpool person and a birmingham person? The fact you try to divide to get your ugly message across really does label you. Quite sickening. Im sure a person who has all the personal tax details of over a quarter of a million people will know who is providing pro bono help and who isn't. legal aid is granted when certain criteria is satisfied, people who have it have passed the criteria need or would you have it that either there is no legal aid for anyone or only certain people from certain communities can apply and be granted it? Just what are you prattling on about? You suspect something and then continue to your hateful conclusion as if what you surmised is a nailed down fact, you are pathetically easy to unpick. Come back with your evidence and not your putrid prejudice. There is a big focus now on getting Traveller kids not only into school but keeping them there, to effect this the bullying of Travelling children will have to be addressed and hopefully this will and is taking place. The new anti-bullying legislation will be of some worth to children facing such.[/p][/quote]Very interesting that you state there are 360k travellers in this country. On what basis to you present this figure? I seem to recall you once stating that the numbers could never be ascertained due to a natural reluctance on the part of travellers to participate in anything that sounds like or could be interpreted as official head counting. The bullying of any child attending school must be condemned. There can be no special cases bullying is simply wrong. Were you bullied at school dear? Is this the underlying cause of your desire to inflict your views on readers of these comments sections in a way that nobody else finds necessary? Well, if that is the case I'm sorry that you had trouble in your formative years but you won't frighten many by your illogical and unconvincing rantings in your (supposed) adulthood. Gina the weaner

7:01pm Fri 3 Aug 12

fearsiuil says...

S piffle paffle:

Thank you for your reply, which I think I may have just about managed to interpret.

I take it that English is not your native tongue, but, that's true for me too, so I won't endulge in any childish attempts at belittlement.

In particular, this quote from your good self is classic:

" im beggining to think maybe your intelligence is at such a low level you literally cant comprehend concepts like right or wrong."

Imo, what you're trying to say is:

" I'm beginning to think that, perhaps, your intelligence is at such a low level
that you are unable to comprehend
concepts such as right or wrong."

Anyway, be that as it may, could I ask you a question, please?

You said that

" i would love to take my family and just rock up in some picturesque village and live tax free but i cant because of this thing called "the law."

Do you mean to tell us that, though this is something you'd love to do,
you cannot because you are not a Traveller?

In other words, are you telling us that some non-travellers, such as your good self,
are prevented by law from doing something that they would love to do?

If this be the case, I would question whether a debate about morality and the concept of right and wrong would be of any value, as you are clearly saying that the "Law" ( or, in the case of Dale Farm, Tony Ball and his bureaucrats) makes all the decisions and you
just have to follow these blindly regardless of whether they are right or wrong.

You are perfectly within your rights to doubt my IQ, btw,
but I am at a loss as to why you consider that you are somehow deprived of your rights because you are a non-traveller.

There are picturesque parts of Essex, but, personally,
I wouldn't class the old scrapyard at Oak Lane as being in that category.

Certainly, it looked a lot better after we cleaned it up and made reasonable homes for so many families there. This was following the time the councils used it as a dumping ground but didn't take up the opportunity to buy the place that, subsequently,
they were determined to go to any lengths to grab by force.
Obviously, nowadays, following the millions and millions of taxpayers money spent by the council to devastate private property, the place has never looked so bad.

That's one reason why the Environment Agency have had to step in to check just how many harmful pollutants the council's agents have left exposed.

Even Len agrees this point, I think you'll find.

One thing I can't quite understand is this;
how come Len and his late dad were allowed to build that big gate
on the scrapyard ( which didn't belong to him and, which, so we're told repeatedly, is in the so-called "greenbelt"?

Surely, you are not going to concoct some ludicrous story that Len got his permission to build because, at the time, he was friendly with and possibly even related to Travellers ( which he was)?

Thus, he was able to do something that, so you tell us, you and your family are not allowed to do.

Len got well-paid for going to the media, so I honestly reckon this paper ought to give you some sort of fee
for all the work you do
to keep anti-traveller sentiment alive in this little corner of Great Britain.
S piffle paffle: Thank you for your reply, which I think I may have just about managed to interpret. I take it that English is not your native tongue, but, that's true for me too, so I won't endulge in any childish attempts at belittlement. In particular, this quote from your good self is classic: " im beggining to think maybe your intelligence is at such a low level you literally cant comprehend concepts like right or wrong." Imo, what you're trying to say is: " I'm beginning to think that, perhaps, your intelligence is at such a low level that you are unable to comprehend concepts such as right or wrong." Anyway, be that as it may, could I ask you a question, please? You said that " i would love to take my family and just rock up in some picturesque village and live tax free but i cant because of this thing called "the law." Do you mean to tell us that, though this is something you'd love to do, you cannot because you are not a Traveller? In other words, are you telling us that some non-travellers, such as your good self, are prevented by law from doing something that they would love to do? If this be the case, I would question whether a debate about morality and the concept of right and wrong would be of any value, as you are clearly saying that the "Law" ( or, in the case of Dale Farm, Tony Ball and his bureaucrats) makes all the decisions and you just have to follow these blindly regardless of whether they are right or wrong. You are perfectly within your rights to doubt my IQ, btw, but I am at a loss as to why you consider that you are somehow deprived of your rights because you are a non-traveller. There are picturesque parts of Essex, but, personally, I wouldn't class the old scrapyard at Oak Lane as being in that category. Certainly, it looked a lot better after we cleaned it up and made reasonable homes for so many families there. This was following the time the councils used it as a dumping ground but didn't take up the opportunity to buy the place that, subsequently, they were determined to go to any lengths to grab by force. Obviously, nowadays, following the millions and millions of taxpayers money spent by the council to devastate private property, the place has never looked so bad. That's one reason why the Environment Agency have had to step in to check just how many harmful pollutants the council's agents have left exposed. Even Len agrees this point, I think you'll find. One thing I can't quite understand is this; how come Len and his late dad were allowed to build that big gate on the scrapyard ( which didn't belong to him and, which, so we're told repeatedly, is in the so-called "greenbelt"? Surely, you are not going to concoct some ludicrous story that Len got his permission to build because, at the time, he was friendly with and possibly even related to Travellers ( which he was)? Thus, he was able to do something that, so you tell us, you and your family are not allowed to do. Len got well-paid for going to the media, so I honestly reckon this paper ought to give you some sort of fee for all the work you do to keep anti-traveller sentiment alive in this little corner of Great Britain. fearsiuil

7:14pm Fri 3 Aug 12

Gina the weaner says...

@ fearsiuil : You say "Len got well-paid for going to the media, so I honestly reckon this paper ought to give you some sort of fee
for all the work you do
to keep anti-traveller sentiment alive in this little corner of Great Britain."

On that basis E-Types should be entitled to a king's ransom.
@ fearsiuil : You say "Len got well-paid for going to the media, so I honestly reckon this paper ought to give you some sort of fee for all the work you do to keep anti-traveller sentiment alive in this little corner of Great Britain." On that basis E-Types should be entitled to a king's ransom. Gina the weaner

7:51pm Fri 3 Aug 12

E-Types. says...

Gina the weaner wrote:
E-Types. wrote:
EthanEdwards wrote:
E-Types. wrote:
Russ13 wrote: "The meeting heard there was a petition from Hovefields official traveller site, in Courtauld Road, but few other objections" Perhaps when the "Travellers" start paying their dues and contributing to society then they might be entitled to object to this. Seeing as there's very little in the way of homes in this area I think it's an ideal place to put it.
"Perhaps when Travellers start paying their dues and contributing to society then they might be entitled to object to this" Do you have evidence to what you allege or is this the usual Daily Mail rubbish and bilge you sprout? Are you suggesting that some people in the country do not have the same rights as the rest of society?
Why yes I do have all the evidence right here.

Do you want a list off all travellers NI numbers and a summary of all the tax they paid from 2001 to date?
How would you like this list, alphabetical or by descending order of tax paid? Excel ok for you or would you like a CSV file.

Post your Email address here and I'll send you all their secret confidential tax records. Easily done, it's a service I tell you.

Or perhaps you should think about exactly what your asking for before committing yourself to print my man.

Incidentaly if education is suddenly so important all of a sudden to Mincy et al. Then why is it (in a recent TV programme) it turned out that Traveller young ladies mostly aged 16 plus. Appear to have the educational level of 'five year old settled people'? With the one honourable exception, but she was an English Traveller.

Finally Stuart Hyphen - Carruthers. working pro bono? or sucking down yet more legal aid.
I expect its the latter. Don't you lot have any regard to the genuine poor who might actually have a REAL need for legal aid? Your taking funds away from the genuinely needy. For shame.
You have all the personal information of the 360,000 Travellers in the country? What are you MI5? I bet you like to think you are dont you? LOL " My name is Bum, James Bum, licence to Bull****"

But if you have the evidence then throw it up no need for swopping emails...

Btw do you have all the details of those who avoid tax and who are not Travellers? Now that would be of more worth to you one would think.

This claim by you has the taint of fantasy about it, Mittyesque!
As far as i can ascertain there isn't and has never been a pro-Traveller using the name "Mincy" The fact you post as if there was might cause some to view your posts rather critically or indeed confine them to the BS bin.

It can be said the programe mentioned that the girl(s) in question had a lack of education but of course that wasn't all the girls on the show, one Traveller girl had indeed finished school and had exam qualifications. The point here being dont take one or two examples and think it covers all. A Traveller is a Traveller no matter what community they come from isn't that the same with a Liverpool person and a birmingham person? The fact you try to divide to get your ugly message across really does label you. Quite sickening.

Im sure a person who has all the personal tax details of over a quarter of a million people will know who is providing pro bono help and who isn't.

legal aid is granted when certain criteria is satisfied, people who have it have passed the criteria need or would you have it that either there is no legal aid for anyone or only certain people from certain communities can apply and be granted it? Just what are you prattling on about?

You suspect something and then continue to your hateful conclusion as if what you surmised is a nailed down fact, you are pathetically easy to unpick.

Come back with your evidence and not your putrid prejudice.



There is a big focus now on getting Traveller kids not only into school but keeping them there, to effect this the bullying of Travelling children will have to be addressed and hopefully this will and is taking place. The new anti-bullying legislation will be of some worth to children facing such.
Very interesting that you state there are 360k travellers in this country. On what basis to you present this figure? I seem to recall you once stating that the numbers could never be ascertained due to a natural reluctance on the part of travellers to participate in anything that sounds like or could be interpreted as official head counting.

The bullying of any child attending school must be condemned. There can be no special cases bullying is simply wrong.

Were you bullied at school dear? Is this the underlying cause of your desire to inflict your views on readers of these comments sections in a way that nobody else finds necessary? Well, if that is the case I'm sorry that you had trouble in your formative years but you won't frighten many by your illogical and unconvincing rantings in your (supposed) adulthood.
That is a number that has been bandied about by some government boffins...its an approx or guesstimate for sure.. Please dont be alarmed your not in danger of being accosted and carried off to live the life of a wife of a romantic Traveller... Mills and Boons stylee.

Of course most communities would object to being counted like catte or they should. The annual "Traveller count" is still very much a procedure in councils...in some cases twice a year! Something akin to counting the number of Travellers and Jews an area might have in the mediaeval times. The difference is they still count Travellers.

I never attended school my lovely... but im sure if i attended your school you would of been my girlfriend...until i dumped you for one of the pretty girls...lol.

I joke im sure you are gorgeous...nice face and legs shame about the personality...i joke i joke. Marry me and i promise ill never let anyone call you names or pick on your peculiarities....

Im not sure anyone finds any comments from others "necessary" and certainly not yours...my comments have in the past held information for those who would accept and see it as such...you yourself refer to that...But just what do your posts necessitate?

(here we go again) Can you post up anything that you allege is illogical and unconvincing which people on a more reasonable minded forum would find as such? Can you, if you cant ill not carry your books no more as its clear you dont read them.
[quote][p][bold]Gina the weaner[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]E-Types.[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]EthanEdwards[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]E-Types.[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Russ13[/bold] wrote: "The meeting heard there was a petition from Hovefields official traveller site, in Courtauld Road, but few other objections" Perhaps when the "Travellers" start paying their dues and contributing to society then they might be entitled to object to this. Seeing as there's very little in the way of homes in this area I think it's an ideal place to put it.[/p][/quote]"Perhaps when Travellers start paying their dues and contributing to society then they might be entitled to object to this" Do you have evidence to what you allege or is this the usual Daily Mail rubbish and bilge you sprout? Are you suggesting that some people in the country do not have the same rights as the rest of society?[/p][/quote]Why yes I do have all the evidence right here. Do you want a list off all travellers NI numbers and a summary of all the tax they paid from 2001 to date? How would you like this list, alphabetical or by descending order of tax paid? Excel ok for you or would you like a CSV file. Post your Email address here and I'll send you all their secret confidential tax records. Easily done, it's a service I tell you. Or perhaps you should think about exactly what your asking for before committing yourself to print my man. Incidentaly if education is suddenly so important all of a sudden to Mincy et al. Then why is it (in a recent TV programme) it turned out that Traveller young ladies mostly aged 16 plus. Appear to have the educational level of 'five year old settled people'? With the one honourable exception, but she was an English Traveller. Finally Stuart Hyphen - Carruthers. working pro bono? or sucking down yet more legal aid. I expect its the latter. Don't you lot have any regard to the genuine poor who might actually have a REAL need for legal aid? Your taking funds away from the genuinely needy. For shame.[/p][/quote]You have all the personal information of the 360,000 Travellers in the country? What are you MI5? I bet you like to think you are dont you? LOL " My name is Bum, James Bum, licence to Bull****" But if you have the evidence then throw it up no need for swopping emails... Btw do you have all the details of those who avoid tax and who are not Travellers? Now that would be of more worth to you one would think. This claim by you has the taint of fantasy about it, Mittyesque! As far as i can ascertain there isn't and has never been a pro-Traveller using the name "Mincy" The fact you post as if there was might cause some to view your posts rather critically or indeed confine them to the BS bin. It can be said the programe mentioned that the girl(s) in question had a lack of education but of course that wasn't all the girls on the show, one Traveller girl had indeed finished school and had exam qualifications. The point here being dont take one or two examples and think it covers all. A Traveller is a Traveller no matter what community they come from isn't that the same with a Liverpool person and a birmingham person? The fact you try to divide to get your ugly message across really does label you. Quite sickening. Im sure a person who has all the personal tax details of over a quarter of a million people will know who is providing pro bono help and who isn't. legal aid is granted when certain criteria is satisfied, people who have it have passed the criteria need or would you have it that either there is no legal aid for anyone or only certain people from certain communities can apply and be granted it? Just what are you prattling on about? You suspect something and then continue to your hateful conclusion as if what you surmised is a nailed down fact, you are pathetically easy to unpick. Come back with your evidence and not your putrid prejudice. There is a big focus now on getting Traveller kids not only into school but keeping them there, to effect this the bullying of Travelling children will have to be addressed and hopefully this will and is taking place. The new anti-bullying legislation will be of some worth to children facing such.[/p][/quote]Very interesting that you state there are 360k travellers in this country. On what basis to you present this figure? I seem to recall you once stating that the numbers could never be ascertained due to a natural reluctance on the part of travellers to participate in anything that sounds like or could be interpreted as official head counting. The bullying of any child attending school must be condemned. There can be no special cases bullying is simply wrong. Were you bullied at school dear? Is this the underlying cause of your desire to inflict your views on readers of these comments sections in a way that nobody else finds necessary? Well, if that is the case I'm sorry that you had trouble in your formative years but you won't frighten many by your illogical and unconvincing rantings in your (supposed) adulthood.[/p][/quote]That is a number that has been bandied about by some government boffins...its an approx or guesstimate for sure.. Please dont be alarmed your not in danger of being accosted and carried off to live the life of a wife of a romantic Traveller... Mills and Boons stylee. Of course most communities would object to being counted like catte or they should. The annual "Traveller count" is still very much a procedure in councils...in some cases twice a year! Something akin to counting the number of Travellers and Jews an area might have in the mediaeval times. The difference is they still count Travellers. I never attended school my lovely... but im sure if i attended your school you would of been my girlfriend...until i dumped you for one of the pretty girls...lol. I joke im sure you are gorgeous...nice face and legs shame about the personality...i joke i joke. Marry me and i promise ill never let anyone call you names or pick on your peculiarities.... Im not sure anyone finds any comments from others "necessary" and certainly not yours...my comments have in the past held information for those who would accept and see it as such...you yourself refer to that...But just what do your posts necessitate? (here we go again) Can you post up anything that you allege is illogical and unconvincing which people on a more reasonable minded forum would find as such? Can you, if you cant ill not carry your books no more as its clear you dont read them. E-Types.

7:59pm Fri 3 Aug 12

E-Types. says...

Gina the weaner wrote:
@ fearsiuil : You say "Len got well-paid for going to the media, so I honestly reckon this paper ought to give you some sort of fee
for all the work you do
to keep anti-traveller sentiment alive in this little corner of Great Britain."

On that basis E-Types should be entitled to a king's ransom.
Explain yourself sweetie or ill tell your neighbours me and you are romantically attached! LOL.
[quote][p][bold]Gina the weaner[/bold] wrote: @ fearsiuil : You say "Len got well-paid for going to the media, so I honestly reckon this paper ought to give you some sort of fee for all the work you do to keep anti-traveller sentiment alive in this little corner of Great Britain." On that basis E-Types should be entitled to a king's ransom.[/p][/quote]Explain yourself sweetie or ill tell your neighbours me and you are romantically attached! LOL. E-Types.

11:38am Sat 4 Aug 12

fearsiuil says...

Unlike a vociferous poster from last year, namely WAYNE G. - benefits officer, special agent, and expert anti-traveller,
I'm afraid I do not have the figures that may be available to insiders among the bureaucrats,
but,
for those who know nothing about Travellers except what they see in the media,
I can tell you that, imo, hardly any Travellers in Great Britain or ireland are happy about
those silly TV soap series
that have been peddled out to amuse bored couch potatoes
over the last few years.

Certainly, the latest one about sewing some dresses
is a bit of a spoof.
Though I haven't seen more than just excerpts, nobody takes it seriously as we know it's just designed for entertainment.

Bridget - the girl who left the show - has stated
that the whole thing is a bit of a con
that is orchestrated to
boost Thelma's business
by building up interest from staged conflict -
rather like England's most popular TV soap, Coronation Street.

Some of yous girls really ought to get out of your flats a bit more. Just going down Basildon to scratch on once a fortnight
and leave your latest "creative thinking" articles with the Echo
ain't stretching your high IQs near enough, in my opinion.
Unlike a vociferous poster from last year, namely WAYNE G. - benefits officer, special agent, and expert anti-traveller, I'm afraid I do not have the figures that may be available to insiders among the bureaucrats, but, for those who know nothing about Travellers except what they see in the media, I can tell you that, imo, hardly any Travellers in Great Britain or ireland are happy about those silly TV soap series that have been peddled out to amuse bored couch potatoes over the last few years. Certainly, the latest one about sewing some dresses is a bit of a spoof. Though I haven't seen more than just excerpts, nobody takes it seriously as we know it's just designed for entertainment. Bridget - the girl who left the show - has stated that the whole thing is a bit of a con that is orchestrated to boost Thelma's business by building up interest from staged conflict - rather like England's most popular TV soap, Coronation Street. Some of yous girls really ought to get out of your flats a bit more. Just going down Basildon to scratch on once a fortnight and leave your latest "creative thinking" articles with the Echo ain't stretching your high IQs near enough, in my opinion. fearsiuil

2:24pm Sat 4 Aug 12

whataday says...

Thought this article was about the waste plant not travellers. However , the local population be they travellers or not are all going to be affected by this.
I just hope its not bringing any carcinogenic waste down or is going to stink any more than it does in that area already.
Thought this article was about the waste plant not travellers. However , the local population be they travellers or not are all going to be affected by this. I just hope its not bringing any carcinogenic waste down or is going to stink any more than it does in that area already. whataday

5:08pm Sat 4 Aug 12

E-Types. says...

whataday wrote:
Thought this article was about the waste plant not travellers. However , the local population be they travellers or not are all going to be affected by this.
I just hope its not bringing any carcinogenic waste down or is going to stink any more than it does in that area already.
Im surprised some people are against the plant, i could imagine the more vocal Trav-haters posting " im against the plant but if you can guarantee it will make Travellers life's harder then im for it"

There was mention of this plant being earmarked for DF last year by many of the anti-eviction posters, before the eviction, but people didn't believe it.

The only reason it is being considered else where now is the 'poison is out of the ring' by that i mean the asbestos dumped illegally by the council on DF has now surfaced, literally, after the destructors had finished their morally deficient work ..."i was only following orders and doing my job"

How could the council allow this plant to be built on land that they knew was contaminated, a piece of land they used for landfill and dumping asbestos on and yet still designated as Green Belt land! And there is still the matter of where the money went for the cars the council were paid for when DF was a scrap yard! Corruption! You wouldn't be far wrong. But do any of you care as long as the Travellers get it in the neck?
[quote][p][bold]whataday[/bold] wrote: Thought this article was about the waste plant not travellers. However , the local population be they travellers or not are all going to be affected by this. I just hope its not bringing any carcinogenic waste down or is going to stink any more than it does in that area already.[/p][/quote]Im surprised some people are against the plant, i could imagine the more vocal Trav-haters posting " im against the plant but if you can guarantee it will make Travellers life's harder then im for it" There was mention of this plant being earmarked for DF last year by many of the anti-eviction posters, before the eviction, but people didn't believe it. The only reason it is being considered else where now is the 'poison is out of the ring' by that i mean the asbestos dumped illegally by the council on DF has now surfaced, literally, after the destructors had finished their morally deficient work ..."i was only following orders and doing my job" How could the council allow this plant to be built on land that they knew was contaminated, a piece of land they used for landfill and dumping asbestos on and yet still designated as Green Belt land! And there is still the matter of where the money went for the cars the council were paid for when DF was a scrap yard! Corruption! You wouldn't be far wrong. But do any of you care as long as the Travellers get it in the neck? E-Types.

10:20am Mon 6 Aug 12

E-Types. says...

Seems like the 3 people who gave thumbs down dont like the truth! I wonder if they work for the council?
Seems like the 3 people who gave thumbs down dont like the truth! I wonder if they work for the council? E-Types.

9:35pm Wed 15 Aug 12

E-Types.. says...

EthanEdwards wrote:
E-Types. wrote:
Russ13 wrote: "The meeting heard there was a petition from Hovefields official traveller site, in Courtauld Road, but few other objections" Perhaps when the "Travellers" start paying their dues and contributing to society then they might be entitled to object to this. Seeing as there's very little in the way of homes in this area I think it's an ideal place to put it.
"Perhaps when Travellers start paying their dues and contributing to society then they might be entitled to object to this" Do you have evidence to what you allege or is this the usual Daily Mail rubbish and bilge you sprout? Are you suggesting that some people in the country do not have the same rights as the rest of society?
Why yes I do have all the evidence right here.

Do you want a list off all travellers NI numbers and a summary of all the tax they paid from 2001 to date?
How would you like this list, alphabetical or by descending order of tax paid? Excel ok for you or would you like a CSV file.

Post your Email address here and I'll send you all their secret confidential tax records. Easily done, it's a service I tell you.

Or perhaps you should think about exactly what your asking for before committing yourself to print my man.

Incidentaly if education is suddenly so important all of a sudden to Mincy et al. Then why is it (in a recent TV programme) it turned out that Traveller young ladies mostly aged 16 plus. Appear to have the educational level of 'five year old settled people'? With the one honourable exception, but she was an English Traveller.

Finally Stuart Hyphen - Carruthers. working pro bono? or sucking down yet more legal aid.
I expect its the latter. Don't you lot have any regard to the genuine poor who might actually have a REAL need for legal aid? Your taking funds away from the genuinely needy. For shame.
Still waiting for this evidence you state you have?
[quote][p][bold]EthanEdwards[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]E-Types.[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Russ13[/bold] wrote: "The meeting heard there was a petition from Hovefields official traveller site, in Courtauld Road, but few other objections" Perhaps when the "Travellers" start paying their dues and contributing to society then they might be entitled to object to this. Seeing as there's very little in the way of homes in this area I think it's an ideal place to put it.[/p][/quote]"Perhaps when Travellers start paying their dues and contributing to society then they might be entitled to object to this" Do you have evidence to what you allege or is this the usual Daily Mail rubbish and bilge you sprout? Are you suggesting that some people in the country do not have the same rights as the rest of society?[/p][/quote]Why yes I do have all the evidence right here. Do you want a list off all travellers NI numbers and a summary of all the tax they paid from 2001 to date? How would you like this list, alphabetical or by descending order of tax paid? Excel ok for you or would you like a CSV file. Post your Email address here and I'll send you all their secret confidential tax records. Easily done, it's a service I tell you. Or perhaps you should think about exactly what your asking for before committing yourself to print my man. Incidentaly if education is suddenly so important all of a sudden to Mincy et al. Then why is it (in a recent TV programme) it turned out that Traveller young ladies mostly aged 16 plus. Appear to have the educational level of 'five year old settled people'? With the one honourable exception, but she was an English Traveller. Finally Stuart Hyphen - Carruthers. working pro bono? or sucking down yet more legal aid. I expect its the latter. Don't you lot have any regard to the genuine poor who might actually have a REAL need for legal aid? Your taking funds away from the genuinely needy. For shame.[/p][/quote]Still waiting for this evidence you state you have? E-Types..

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree