Cigarette butt causes flat blaze

A MAN was left suffering smoke inhalation after a fire broke out in his flat.

The blaze at the home in Whitmore Court in Whitmore Way, Basildon is believed to have started after a cigarette butt caught light.

The blaze spread and the man was able to get out safely as fire crews arrived.

Firefighters spent around 20-minutes putting out the fire and clearing the smoke following the blaze just before 9pm on Monday.

 

 

Comments (2)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

9:51am Tue 16 Oct 12

Eric Whim says...

spliff smoke inhalation probably
spliff smoke inhalation probably Eric Whim

10:49am Tue 16 Oct 12

Olivia2847 says...

Eric Whim wrote:
spliff smoke inhalation probably
Steady tiger - knowing the Echo at the moment it could be a spelling mistake!
[quote][p][bold]Eric Whim[/bold] wrote: spliff smoke inhalation probably[/p][/quote]Steady tiger - knowing the Echo at the moment it could be a spelling mistake! Olivia2847

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree